S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen, you know not what you say. Just hope that no one from San Francisco read that statement that you are the Drag Queen, or you will be receiving visits soon. May I suggest watching San Francisco Vice to get a slight idea of the City that anything goes in. Oh, and Kristen and Sharon are common names among the MEN down there.

Tru,

You are involved now.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Find out your true age and what it compares with. Don't ask mine as it was off the scale and couldn't be computed.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~cdm/age1.html

Ron

Old 03-01-2006, 04:33 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Good morning campers. It's a brisk 25 ( as I was told ) outside and the birds are singing...with ice hanging from their toes.

So, Warren, ah, you really don't need a trailer, unless you are planning on a long trip to say...London, then you may want to use a trailer.

Looks like the Friday will be the washing of the "other" section of the lift and a plan to place each for final assembly. Steve!!! Are you sure this is 220? You have a 120 plug on the motor. I'll be checking the plates.

I could move to Texas. I am not sure my wife could, but I could. At least there I can drive my Cobra around without a VIN on the frame.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Le Batard or "La Batarde"??? I have vins all over the place but the car is too old, and I can't trace the title to its origin. I have had a lot of fun, and enjoyed my conversations with lots of car folks (and DMV people in five states) over the past year. London is a little over 2 hours -- will trailer in hopes of arriving in one piece.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Positive 30 amp 220. The info is on the pump motor. It will lift with 115 but it will not lift a car, only the arms. I was told to not hook it up to 115 as it would ruin the motor the way it is wired. Hey ....you the one with the electrical background. If the plug is wrong I will have to look up the electricians and kill them I did notice that the plug had the end twisted on it. That is the way the plug was on the wall in the house as well. We had long talks about the wiring for that when we built the house.

Well it looks like Tursday will be the last day for me, for a while. The trucks are coming on Friday morning.

BTW:
I don't know what ____________ is, but I guess everone is involved with it. Stranger things have happened.

Hey Kristen you think your busy, try moving! I am busier than a one eyed cat watching two mouseholes!

GTG
Old 03-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

There are several varations of the 220 plugs as you know, but they should all be very different from a 110 plug. And never run an electric motor on a lower voltage than it is designed for. A year or so ago my lights dimmed and I took a meter and the 110 had dropped to just 50/55 volts so I ran outside and shut off my breakers, then called the power company. Before they got the transfromer replaced, I know of 11 refrigerators and freezers that the motors burned up in. Any heavy duty lift should be 220 and not 110. Don't even run the lift on 110 to try it. It should also have a heavy duty cord. If you have an electric clothes dryer that you can loook at, look at the cord and plug on it or an electric kitchen range. Also don't believe it when somone tells you that if you use 440 it will lift twice as fast.

Ron

Old 03-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Unless you want the lift hard wired to it's own outlet, and it is not too far
from your clothes dryer (if its electric) you can get a plug to plug in the out
let when you want to use the lift, otherwise leave the dryer plugged in.
Just use heavy guage wire and get a dryer plug and you are good to go
without spending a fortune on pulling 220 to the lift. I have a welder set up like that in my warehouse and it works great.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Now that you have all the information and knowledge, I am sure you will be using the lift by this evening. Right!!!

Ron

Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"Never did a lost sheep have so many shepards"

Well, you would think I would get some kind of break in this mess. The red truck, the one that went to Texas, ate a differential Yoke and two seals. Then, while in the process of inspection by the mechanic, I found out the rear brakes were shot.

So, last night I did a rear brake job on the red truck. And, it only took four hours ( Isn't that a long time? ). Yes, folks, it truely sucked as the temp was dropping and I had it half in the barn and half out. Then there was a small challenge of getting the drums off which had been rusted to the axle. After torching them off, I found out they were $75.00 each ( you don't want to ask my wife about it ).

Anyway, I dropped over $400 on the rear end and another $200 on the rear brakes.

The plans are to work on the lift, when I get O K A Y weather and can afford to spend an hour doing it.

The cars and trucks are braking as fast as I fix them. THE RED TRUCK IS ALMOST NEW!

Okay, I'm done venting.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ok, now you can come help me. The ignition switch in my 65 Comet is bad and I have to replace it. Had to get one from an obsolete Mercury parts place and it should be here next week. Since you have now rebuilt the red truck to new condition don't you have to report it to your DMV as such so they can increase the registration?

Ron

Old 03-02-2006, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

30 amp 220

30 amp 220

That lift has a pig tail on it that was put there by the electrician who wired it for my house. If you look at the end of the pig tail where the plug goes into the wall, the actual plug part you will see that it does not look like a standard 115 plug. One of the legs is turned 90*.

I went through this same conversaiton with Rotory when I put it in my house. The plug that is on that lift was purchased directly from Rotory.

I had a 30 amp and a 50Amp placed side by side in my garage with seperate breakers. The 30 amp was dedicated for the lift. The 50 amp was for the Air Conditioner and power source for the trailer that Kristen now owns.

Sorry to hear about the truck Tru. At least it was clean when it left hear with its wash job I gave it I'll bet you never thought I would wash your truck did you? It looks like a nice truck and it has many miles left to travel. I agree with you that it is worth fixing and driving some more.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Actually after Tru driving all the way down there to pick that lift up and then having to rebuild his truck from the trip, a nice guy would go up to his place and set it up for him.

Ron

Old 03-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Hi all, check out the Progress thread I started yesterday....Earl
Old 03-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Earl,

I already have and you are doing a great job. I keep looking for more pictures. Crap, if you had our weather you would have that car finished by the end of the month.

Ron

Old 03-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, the DMV will be happy that it is not on the side of the road. I think they should give me a break and cut back on my plate fees as it cost so much to fix.

Steve, the Rotary people want to come look at the lift. They emailed me and asked how the install was going.

Earl, you da man! Or, as some of the floor personnel would say, "git er done!"

Haven't figured that out, but it appears to be attributed to a comedian that phrases this line several times during a show.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Now there is an idea. Tell them you should get a break as you have rebuilt it and the state won't have to be picking up pieces along the highway.

Ron

Old 03-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

"git er done!" Yep, Larry the Cable Guy, who will be appearing live here in Daytona in April....he appears on TV with Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engel and others.....Blue Collar Tv.....................
Old 03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hello.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi. (remember the Neon ads when they first came out?)
Old 03-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Earl,

You don't need Larry the Cable Guy to get the car done. You need Tim Allen and his cast of Home Improvements. Then you would have the fastest car in Florida. And they would be picking up parts all over the state when it blew up.

Ron

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: