June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

My alarm system has never let me down.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Wow, I haven't seen that one in years.

Warren, where did you find that old video?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Now that is what this country needs!

YES, I am serious!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE KLR View Post
If the alarm uses a remote arming device the signal can be captured and used against itself to un-arm the system.

That is what is wrong with the keyless systems on cars now. When you get out of the car and hit the remote to lock and arm the system, if a crook is "in-range" he can capture the signal and when you leave he can re-signal the alarm and open the door.

Remotes are a thing of the past as far as security goes. At least that is what I am being told.
Steve,
That is another advantage of the Clifford G5. The signal is not a normal coded signal that can be deciphered easily. Clifford uses the proprietary ACG2 (Anti Code Grabbing Version 2) coding to prevent thieves from doing that. Most others do not have it. Same thing applies for when you unlock it, you are sending a signal. I recommend spending the money to get this system as it is worth it. I had someone break into the Mustang and was lucky as a neighbor in the apt complex I lived in saw them and chased them off. I then got the Prestige brand alarm and about 4 months later I came outside to my passenger door open and stuff missing from the car. Alarm never went off. It was still armed and when I closed the door, it sounded off. I then ripped that one out and got the Clifford. Like I said, it was more expensive, but worth it. 2 attempted break ins since, first one tapped on the window and the alarm went off, 2nd one used a hanger forced in the window to hit the unlock button on the door, when opened, the alarm went off. I also like the LED they use. It is a very bright Blue LED that lights up the entire interior of the car. You can see it flash from over a block away. There is no question that there is an alarm in the car, and most theives recognize that the bright Blue is a Clifford. It still will not stop a professional from taking your car, but it is enough to deter any Smash and Grab, or joyriders. I also had them disconnect the trunk pop button in the glove box. Only the key in the lock or the remote can open it.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

And you think people in California don't have a sense of humor. This in todays paper.

A man wanted for robbery was arrested today in Chula Vista when he showed up to take the test to become a police officer. After being arrested and on the way to jail he wanted to know if he could still take the test. Now we need police like that.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Local Grandma chases down the guy who snatched her purse and hits him with her car.
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Gra...ws_Purse_Thief
I hope more continue to do the same. I was glad that I did not hear that the prosecutor thought she violated his rights.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

I think that we are going to start seeing more people standing up for their rights and protecting themselves. Our new Corvette driving police around here are to few and some are to crooked to do anything. But at least they got a couple of them for taking pay offs from the dope growers some time back. And with the sad state of the economy, there are more and more break ins and robberies here than before. In fact the last report that I saw they grudgingly said that crime in our county has sky rocketed. No sh**. I get up at midnight to 1 AM and very few mornings there aren't at least one or two cars or trucks prowling up and down the street and people walking along looking to see if they can find a place that looks as if someone isn't around. As son as my outside lights go on, the people pile into the vehicles and go roaring out of this block. Some are from out here and others from out of town. Last week they caught three of them in Redding going from house to house and they had stolen several things and had them in a pickup. But that was the Redding police. They seem to do a better job than ours.

Ron

Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yea Ron, I have seen the same thing here. My neighbor likes to walk out carrying at least 2 guns when they start driving up and down our block. Kinda sends a message to go away, you don't want to mess with this block. We had another one a while back where a WWII vet whooped the hell out of his would be mugger and was holding him in a choke hold when police showed up. The criminal was begging the police to take him to jail, just don't let the old man come too. I thought that was one of the best stories I heard.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,

It is really sad at the way things have changed. When I first moved up here from down at Santa Barbara everyone was friendly and there was no crime at all. A break in at one of the small stores was front page news and neighbors got together and talked in the evenings. Now nothing less than murder makes the front two pages and then it has to be some special thing such as a local politicians family or some other well known person. And all of the neighbors are living in fear and won't hardly speak to each other. A couple of months ago some idiot in Redding killed a man in a wheel chair because he was mad at his girlfriend and that guy happened to be the first one he saw. They are still debating if any charges should be filed as the man in the wheelchair was no one important. And of course the guy that did it was in grief and out of control because of his fight with his girlfriend. To bad one of the people around here that do carry wasn't there and just shot the guy and left. He will wind up ding a few months in jail and then be free. And the declining economy is really making things worse as the unemployment rate here has shot up to around 13% the last I saw.

Ron

Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There's nothing like checking on the world by reading this thread.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wicked View Post
Local Grandma chases down the guy who snatched her purse and hits him with her car.
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Gra...ws_Purse_Thief
I hope more continue to do the same. I was glad that I did not hear that the prosecutor thought she violated his rights.

I saw this on the news. Whew that is one tough Granny. She was not going to be taken advantage of. I think it was cool when she said, :I just hit him with the car and he went....... wheeeeew over onto the ground. Then everyone just jumped on him"

Don't mess with Texas Granny's
Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OOOPs

GMCC
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY OLD PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE, I'M JUST POSTING TO YOU TO SAY GOODBYE.

Ron

Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We don't want the old people, we want...

Wait a second. We don't want anything.

You all need to get your story straight. We're just visiting.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY OLD PEOPLE.

YOU WILL BE SAFE, I'M JUST POSTING TO YOU TO SAY GOODBYE.

Ron

Ron,
Damn good to see your feeling a little better!
I got a good chuckle out of that one.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

You all need to get your story straight. We're just visiting.

I came here as a visitor to observe what would evolve when the planet was first being formed. Sort of like the temporary taxes we will pay forever. I must admit that what has evolved hasn't been anything to write home about. Time to dig the spaceship out of its hiding place and go home.

Ron

Old 03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Tru
Google is your friend. As soon as I read about all the alarms systems, I remembered the Monkey Alarm. So I just Googled Monkey Alarm. Ten gazillion hits. Three different versions were listed in the top 10 picks.

Ron - how's Sweetheart doing? P.S. - I know that the aliens are NOT coming. They told me so last month.

Cooking some chili now with hamburg and sweet Italian sausage. Ummmmm does it smell goooooood. Should be ready for devouring about 7 PM.

Break-ins are not a problem where I live. Truly amazing when you consider that my house is only about 6 miles from one of the most crime ridden sections of Boston.

But I live on a peninsula and the road is about a mile long. So if anyone calls the cops and reports a certain suspicious car or activity, one cruiser is assigned to this area, and a second cruiser usually just parks on the side of the road and watches the cars go by. So my neighborhood is like a second story to most all robbers. Love it.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Time to dig the spaceship out of its hiding place and go home. Ron
I tried that once and got arrested for indecent exposure. But at the trial, I dug out my spaceship and the arrest got thrown out of court for insuficient evidence.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
Tru

Cooking some chili now with hamburg and sweet Italian sausage. Ummmmm does it smell goooooood. Should be ready for devouring about 7 PM.
Thought it was about time I shared a favorite recipe with you..

1 Still breathing, Possum

3 Ripe but firm tomatoes

1 Large white or yellow onion

1/2 pound large mushrooms

2 large green peppers

1 package meat marinade

1/2 cup soy sauce

12 skewers (sticks are okay in Tennessee)

Preparation: The possum must be alive so that you can scare it, giving you the "wild" taste from all the adrenaline it produces. It is best to hit it over the head with a large object in a humane manner. Boil the possum for 3 minutes to loosen the fur then skin and gut it.

De-limb (chop the little knubby legs off) the possum and cut the meat into 1/2 inch square chunks. Marinate overnight in a mixture of meat marinade and soy sauce. Kentucky residents who have no fridge can use an ice chest and may use radiator coolant instead of soy sauce.

Thread the meat and veggies onto your skewer/stick in alternating sequences to distribute the delicious flavor evenly. Cook over a barbecue, pit, 50 gallon drum or any other fire till you get the desired result. For added flavor, you can cook it over burning tires.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Or you can enjoy the chili .....

2 green peppers, chopped med
1 large onion, chopped med
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine or crushed
1 lb. Hamburg
3 cups water
2 cans of peeled tomatoes, stewed or diced (28 oz) – chop into small clumps while mixing ingredients
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp crushed cumin seed
11/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/8 tsp basil
1 tsp black pepper
2 large bay leaves
2 cans red kidney beans (19 oz), rinsed and drained

• Sauté onions and green peppers using Pam Spray. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Do not burn the garlic.
• Add crumbled Hamburg – cook until brown.
• Add remaining ingredients, except for kidney beans.
• Reduce heat and simmer uncovered at least 2 hours (do not boil).
• Add additional spices to taste - black or cayenne pepper, cumin seed, chili powder or other spices. I do not add any salt – I sometimes add only an additional 1/8 to ¼ tsp of cumin seed and ¼ to ½ Tbls chili powder. Of course, if you like your chili hot, dump in additional cayenne pepper.
• Add kidney beans and mix
• Simmer uncovered for 1 more hour (add water if too thick) – Remove bay leaves.
• Enjoy!

I doubled the above recipe this time and added in 6 large cooked and sliced sweet Italian sausage just before turning the heat off.

Had a cheeseburger in a pita pocket with a bowl of chili. Actually, a lot of the chili went into the pita beside the cheeseburger .... ummmmmm gud!