S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Maybe he is Autistic and needs the routine to function.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Nice shot Warren, is that local or was that out a bit from your place?

Didn't rain yesterday like it was supposed to. We are going to have some problems here if the trees bud and then we get slammed with temps below 32 degrees.

Dang, I hope that doesn't happen.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

I couldn't believe what I read in the paper here yesterday. While I was out mowing in our sunny 70+ degree weather, parts of Redding were flooding under a heavy downpour and one young guy drowned as it washed him away while he was trying to get to a higher street.That is 10 miles from here and I looked back that way all day to see it it looked as if we would get any rain. It didn't even look dark to me, but right downtown they have a two story parking garage with the bottom level being level with the street and then at the far end it dips down so the entrance to the upper level is street level. They had a picture of people standing on the upper level watching a tow truck driver in water up about his knees dragging a winch cable into the garage to pull some fool out that tried to drive through the low spot. If the water was that deep there, I would guess at the lowest point it had to be at least 3' deep. We do have weird weather don't we.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pray a little for rain and that's what ya get. Maybe help the LAKE.

Waiting on gaskets for do the CAM.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
The lake has came up quite a bit, but what Redding got won't help as it is well South of both dams. It will just run down the river to Sacramento.

Ron

Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Tru - pic with the Hood milk bottle is just outside the Boston Children's Museum. Its about 10 miles away from my house by road ... probably 6 miles by pigeon.

Re - changing the cam. Are you doing that with the engine in place? Hood on or off? Pulling the engine and tranny? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tru - I just passed the 7500 post mark. I'm only 660 posts behind you, and my posts per day are 0.66 greater than you. Therefore, I will pass you in 1000 days. Better get a move on, you slacker!

Time for lunch - maybe a couple of hot dogs. Overcast, humid and only 39°F outside. Ugh.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ah, Friday and another day in the 70s. It was 78 yesterday afternoon, but is supposed to rain Saturday. Great for me as I won't have to WORK in the yard. I need abut two days of rest and complete isolation after the last two weeks. Then next week back to the grind as I have another doctors appointment. I am going to be happy when March is over.

Ron

Old 03-20-2009, 05:13 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Spring is now 25 minutes old, and the crocuses are in bloom. OMG, flowers in the front yard.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:45 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Moving into a GREAT time of year !

SPRING TIME
Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

A guy walks out of his house and finds a Turtle in his driveway. He picks it up and throws it across the street. A year later he
hears a knock on the door. When he opens the door there is the Turtle. As their eyes meet Turtle says, “What the heck was
that all about?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Saturday and it we are supposed to have light showers off and on after two days of 78 degree weather. Oh well I was tired of working in the yard and puling weeds. I have got to get another weed eater. Also want to look at the mattress sale they are having as I could use some new ones.

Ron

Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Get me a new mattress too Ron. I think mine is made of horse hair!

Good thing its the second day of springtime, or the 22°F temp outside might be considered cold.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Looks like a day of yardwork for me too Ron. Time to mow for the first time and then I need to spread some fertilizer and get some tree food as well for the trees I put in. I saw that they are starting to bud, so time to get them what is needed.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra View Post
A guy walks out of his house and finds a Turtle in his driveway. He picks it up and throws it across the street. A year later he
hears a knock on the door. When he opens the door there is the Turtle. As their eyes meet Turtle says, “What the heck was
that all about?
Turtle says Hi to you Fred, and sends you a nice message to all your friends.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just wish Biker Babe was as buff as Buffey.
Those threesomes would be to dream about.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Joe,

No yard work today. It has dropped 20 degrees from yesterday and is raining just a little. Forecast says it will also shower off and on tomorrow. These darn temperature changes from the upper 70s to low 50 or mid 40s are really making it hard for me to keep from catching a cold. So far this morning I have watched the first part of the Sebring race and will watch the rest when it comes back on this afternoon. I could go to the mattress sale or look at weed eaters but am just not in the mood.

Ron

Old 03-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Went to the gun show.

I can not believe the prices of things at the show.

It took about two hours for most of the brass to be sold.

It was fun to look at everything. Seeing as I do not have any money, I went with someone that did so I could watch.

Nik turned a year older so we are going to have a nice dinner for him.

I need to move equipment around, so this is going to be a busy weekend.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

They are trying to stop gun shows here and we used to have a great one in Redding every year but they stopped it about 3 years ago. As for ammo, you had better buy all you can now while they can get it. Even the ranges are having trouble getting any now. I looked on the list of guns too be made illegal and couldn't find a 155 MM howitzer so I am looking for one of them. Also a couple of the old Red stone Missiles would be nice to have in the yard. With working warheads.

Ron

Old 03-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

I ordered some ammo on Feb. 10 and was told it was back order till Mar. 15 now they just say it is back ordered and no date of when it will ship.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Funny that you guys started to talk about ammo and guns. Just read a big article in my local paper about gun sales going tremendous with the downturn in the economy. They also mentioned in price increase and shortages of ammo. So even here in one of the top liberal sates, things are the same.

Made me think about where guns are available for sale, because the Quincy Police Chief was always against gun shops, and he determined who if anyone got a license. Nobody did in the last 25 years. Cannot buy one (legally) in my city of 95K people.

In the 4 towns just south of Boston, approx 250K people, there are only 3 places listed in the yellow pages under guns. One shooting club, one repair shop and a third company with do description, just a name.