S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Those are some really great pictures. That wind mill is like some they have down near the Bay Area but I can't remember just exactly where. There are several of them and one is so big that when they have them going you can hear the blades whooshing as they go thruogh the air.

Tru,

Isn't that the kind of doors you were going to put on your car?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

that MGA looks great! You can really see the similarity in the lines of the rear, sitting next to your cobra. They look great together.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Wink

Ron - They have 2 of those windmills in Hull which is a town on the coast about 10 south of me. They are also starting some tests in my home town, to see if there is enough wind. I sent an e-mail suggesting they do a test on top of city hall with the windows open to get all the hot air rising. Also copied the Mayor.

Those windmills in Hull had an ROI of less than 5 years. WOW.

Those Lambo door would really be criminal on a Cobra, but thats the first antique American car I've seen using those doors. The owner probably has a rice rocket too.

Kristen, I parked the Cobra next to the MGA as soon as I saw it. Knew it would make a great picture. The girl who owns it looks good too!!! (male chauvisist pig).

Tru - just got back from a short ride. Probably 90 minutes and about 25 miles total, and I did not even get out of Quincy.
I only took one picture that I'm sure a farm boy like you would enjoy...
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We have sun flowers here too except when it is to hot for them to grow. We also have a town named Quincy, but it is more than a short ride from here. I used to go up there when they were putting in the computers. It is an old town of mostly retired rail road workers way up in the mountains past Lassen and around Lake Almanor. Beautiful country and a long winding road down the canyon along side the river.

Ron

Old 08-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

All my veggies (cukes, peppers and tomatoes) have died or are slowly dying. Terrible year for veggies, especially for a lazy gardener like me.

But the sunflowers are HUGE. That one in the pic is over 9 feet tall!

Thankfully, both me and my neighbor use plots right next to the chain link fence. So any veggie that grows on my side of fence is mine and visa versa. Thankfully his garden is doing OK, so I'm semi-happy
Old 09-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry to change the subject but I just got a beta version of Office 2006. Here are pictures of a couple of the minor changes in it.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 03-09-2008 at 09:26 AM..
Old 09-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Funny how those were the same changes I got for Office 2003.

Great one Ron!!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They know a good thing when they have it and just keep it. Rumor has it that the next new version will have a warning not to use it at all.

Ron

Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink

Windows - smindows

Time for a ride. Supposed to rain a little Sat and a lot Sunday, so I'll have to get a little extra in this afternoon.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ahhhhhh ...

nothing quite like 90 MPH in 3rd gear and hard on the brakes ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6QKSIYX2aU
Old 09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ohhhhhh

to be 21 again

and own a Cobra ...

Old 09-02-2006, 05:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

Just how much do you pay all of these girls to let you take their picture? Why not let them sit in the car. Of course you should be sure that you have the key in your pocket first.

Ron

Old 09-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pay the girls .... nothing except a ride every so often.

Oh to be 40 years younger ....
Old 09-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Actually I would prefer to be 55 years younger if I had a choice. I could still get around well in my mid 80s then.

Ron

Last edited by Ron61; 09-03-2006 at 06:17 AM..
Old 09-03-2006, 05:43 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Warren,
Looking like the worst of the rain is about over for you.
Last weather I saw for your area says tomorrow is going to be beautiful for that massive 650-700 car show.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Warren,

How many car shows do they have in your area? We just have one big one and several smaller ones. The big one in April is limited to 2,300 cars because of lack of parking space. They keep talking about extending it across the river, but so far nothing has happened. I actually enjoy the smaller ones up in the mountains as it is cooler and there isn't 40,000 people pushing around. I believe the largest entry list they have had was around 3,600 cars and they had to turn down all those after 2,300. That brought on the panic to find parking as they hate to lose all that money. I remember the first year, 1990, they had this show and they were hoping to get 100 cars to break even. I think they got about 150 that year.

Ron

Old 09-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Ron

There are tons of car shows in New England. Most of them are small show with 250 cars or less. The biggest local car show has about 2000 cars.

I can go to 2 or 3 car show shows every Sunday within a 75 mile radius of my house, and I live on the ocean, so that area is only 1/2 of a circle.

Rain has just about stopped here but its only 62 ºF and cloudy. They still say there is a chance of rain tomorrow - what a bummer. But in reality .. its out 26th annual car show and we have NEVER had a rain out on Labor Day weekend, so I guess we were due.

Time for some lunch and then I guess I'll clean the Cobra - hoping to have nice weather Monday.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Warren,

You have a lot more car shows back there than we do out here. Probably a lot more really nice cars too. They have a big MOPAR show each year in Sacramento that I have gone to a few times and it gets cars from all over the world as long as they are MOPARs. I have seen some really rare ones and love the old factory drag and race cars.

Ron

Old 09-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

More pictures of girls by Warren's car. I don't see a lot of him with the girl(s).

Well, the oldest son is dropped off at college, what a ride.

There are more cops on the freeway today, than all of the rest of the days for the past year.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru, unlike you, I cannot defy the laws of relativity and be 2 places at once. I tried clicking on the camera once and then tried to get into the picture, but I guess I'm too slow footed.