S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Just saw this about sending California prison inmates to Mexico. Heck, why not Texas since they have a surplus of money.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100126...iforniaprisons

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Darn will I ever learn. I went to to start the car this morning and had left the headlights on all night last night and most of yesterday. It was raining here and I never noticed them when I backed in. I am going to install a red light right in front of the steering wheel that lights any time the headlights are on. I do this at least once every darn Winter. Now I have to wait until that battery is charged before I can even go to the post office.

Ron

Old 01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I sure am thankful I have a caring person like you looking out for my sensitivity. Your a little too sensitive to worry about my sensitivity.

Dang, dropped to 23, and it is snowing again.

I was defending the new book and said, "he hasn't killed anyone." not thinking about all the people he shot. My reader comes back immediately and says, " was he playing a video game when he shot all those people?" I suppressed a laugh for near 2 minutes.

Life is challenging.

Last edited by trularin; 01-27-2010 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron, put a buzzer in that sounds when the car if off and the lights are on.

I can send you a circuit if you want one.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tru,

That was suggested to me when I said I need something to make me think of the lights being on. When I back into my driveway during the day even if it is raining, I don't have anything close enough they hit it and so I forget them until I want to use the car again. I hope it will start this morning as I have to go to my doctor. If not, I will walk down there and then have Jack put a new battery in as I think this old one is getting bad. It never would charge all the way yesterday and I had it on most of the day. Email me the diagram if you don't mind. It would save me looking for the wires that I need.

Ron

Old 01-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thursday already and I haven't accomplished much this week. Now I have to go to the dentist next week, and the doctor again the following week for the surgery on my arm. It has been mostly clear here the last couple of days but is supposed to start raining again Friday. The last lake report said it was up 40' but that we are still 3 years behind in rain.

Ron

Old 01-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibr8k4vetts View Post
Ron,
All the home's in the Paradise area are on a 99 year lease from the US Forest Department and about 10 years ago they stopped renewing the leases and most of the home's abandon (Very sad) all so Forestry Department can make more money by charging you to use the River!
Mike,

I received the pictures this morning. Thanks a million. They are good and I even still recognize some of the places.

Ron

Old 01-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

12 this morning. I had to put on a sweat-shirt.

Got the stove running as it is going to be a bit nippy at -10 WC.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Ron,
Happy I coud help!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Mike,

They are great and it makes me want to come back down there for a visit even more. Maybe next Summer I may be able to get away for a little while. To bad they closed the area as it was nice to live in when I was there.

Ron

Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Mike,

They are great and it makes me want to come back down there for a visit even more. Maybe next Summer I may be able to get away for a little while. To bad they closed the area as it was nice to live in when I was there.

Ron
Ron,
I loved going up there as a kid, now I just get sick
Old 01-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Yea, Mike that kind of makes me feel bad also. That was a nice area and great to live in and the people were all just great. Hiking through the mountains, climbing the big one in the center of the valley, running our home made racers down the fire roads and crashing into trees because we were going to fast to make a turn, and playing baseball at the park there.

Going to school at Santa Ynez was also fun. And my Father would take me to the head of the tunnel they were drilling through the mountain from Chucuma Lake that was to carry water into Santa Barbara. Boy, did they hit some very hot underground rivers when digging that tunnel.

Ron

Old 01-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Finally they showed the Optima Street Car Challenge on TV here this morning and I got to watch that 1966 Cobra run. Nice to see an old original car run away from the newer and highly modified ones. According to the Hot Rod Magazine, that is the only original Cobra that is still owned by the person who bought it except a couple that Shelby kept for himself. And the owner drove it and he drive it hard.

Ron

Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Ah, Sunday and I spent much of Saturday watching the Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona. A lot of rain to start with, but they were soon racing and sliding into the wet grass.

Joe,

Have you received the papers that I sent to you yet?

Ron

Old 01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

AHhhhhhh...........

Yes, Sunday. The day to sleep in when it is 5 outside.

Moved a house Saturday, so rest is in order Sunday.

Hope you all rested.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It a wonderful day in the neighborhood...

It is darn right cold outside.

Hope you are feeling better Ron. Morning Mike.

Just checking in.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tru,

Sounds as if you had quite a weekend too. It wasn't to bad here but is supposed to rain today and tomorrow. I have to go to the dentist in the morning. Yay!!!

I don't know if this is true or not as I received it in an e-mail but if it is, it really backs up som,e of what has leaked out of the news about Haiti.

Some news and truth back from Haiti from Nic Brockhausen and Dennis Hebler, who was there recently trying to help. They made it back somewhat safe and sound.

Haiti Diary...

Monday, January 25, 2010, 5:47 AM

To All,

I just returned from Haiti with Hebler. We flew in at 3 AM Sunday (24 January 2010) to the scene of such incredible destruction on one side, and enormous ineptitude and criminal neglect on the other.

Port-au-Prince is in ruins. The rest of the country is fairly intact. Our team was a rescue team. We carried special equipment that locates people buried under the rubble. There are easily 200,000 dead; the city smells like a charnel (bone yard or burial ground) house. The bloody UN was there for 5 years doing apparently nothing but wasting US Taxpayers' money. The ones I ran into were either incompetent or outright anti-American. Most are French or French speakers, worthless every damn one of them. While 1,800 rescuers were ready willing and able to leave the airport and go do our jobs, the UN and USAID (another organization full of little Obamites and communists that openly speak against America) was present. These two organizations showed their parochialism by:
USAID, when in control of all inbound flights, had food and water flights stacked up all the way to Miami, yet allowed Geraldo Rivera, Anderson Cooper and a host of other left wing news puppies to land.
Pulled all the security off the rescue teams so that Bill Clinton and his wife could have the grand tour, whilst we sat unable to get to people trapped in the rubble.
Stacked enough food and water for the relief over at the side of the airfield then put a guard on it while we dehydrated and wouldn't release a drop of it to the rescuers.
No shower facilities to decontaminate after digging or moving corpses all day, except for the FEMA teams who brought their own shower and decontamination equipment, as well as air conditioned tents.
No latrine facilities, less digging a hole. If you set up a ****ter everyone was trying to use it.
I watched a 25 year old Obamite with the USAID shrieking hysterically, berate a full bird colonel in the air force, because he countermanded her orders, while trying to unscrew the air pattern. "You don't know what your President wants! The military isn't in charge here; we are!"
If any of you are thinking of giving money to the Haitian relief, or to the UN don't waste your money. It will only go to further the goals of the French and the Liberal left.

If we are a fair and even society, why is it that only white couples are adopting Haitian orphans? Where the hell is that vocal minority that is always screaming about the injustice of American society?

Bad place, bad situation, but a perfect look at the new world order in action. New Orleans magnified a thousand times. Haiti doesn't need democracy, what Haiti needs is Papa Doc.

That's not just my opinion. That is what virtually every Haitian we talked with said. The French run, the UN treat us... the same as when we were a colony, at least Papa Doc ran the country.

Oh, and as a last slap in the face the last four of us had to take US Airways home from Phoenix. They slapped me with a $590 baggage charge for the four of us. The girl at the counter was almost in tears because she couldn't give us a discount or she would lose her job. Pass that on to the flying public.

~ Nick

Ron

Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Ah, Sunday and I spent much of Saturday watching the Rolex 24 hour race at Daytona. A lot of rain to start with, but they were soon racing and sliding into the wet grass.

Joe,

Have you received the papers that I sent to you yet?

Ron
Just the email. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I have a really bad toothache all weekend. I am waiting to see the dentist this morning. It is really swollen and I am afraid it will be bad when I get there.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Darn Joe, sorry to hear about the tooth. I have a dental appointment tomorrow that I am not looking forward to either. Mine is just a cleaning and check up but they always manage to find an old filing that needs to be replaced or some such thing. But at least I don't have any pain. Yet!!!

Ron

Old 02-01-2010, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Well the hopefully good news is she does not think it is an abscess. She thinks it is a sinus infection pressing down on the roots and shifting them causing the pain. 3 teeth are not in the same spot they were 4 months ago and that is what is hurting. My sinus cavity is oversized (already knew that) and it is swollen up bad. I am taking an antibiotic to help with the infection and some sinus meds too. I go back next Monday afternoon for my cleaning and she is going to check it all out again. She did grind a little off of a couple of my crowns to help with chewing and pressure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: