S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.29 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 06:39 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392cobra
First they are sheepherders,not cowboys.
With all those sheep why are they "bothering" each other ???

Ron, I think I found the answer.

A young man grew fed up with modern life and decided to leave the big city and become a shepherd, spending months in the seclusion of the distant mountains alone with his thoughts and sheep. So he went up the high mountains where he found three older shepherds with a big flock of sheep, and asked them to show him the ropes. The shepherds agreed.

The young man spent a week with them. One evening by the fire he asked casually,"So how do you guys get by with no women around here?" Said one of the men,"Why, with so many sheep around, who needs women?" The youngster shuddered: "Yuck! How horrible! How can you...?" The three men only smiled and said nothing.

Another week passed and one morning the young man realized that the tension in his groin had grown unbearable. He remembered what the men had said, and looking at the sheep, thought, "Hmm, why not after all...". He chose a moment when none of the older shepherds were around, and grabbed one of the nearest sheep. However, the others showed up in a minute, and seeing him with the sheep burst out laughing.

"What? What?!!", shouted the young man, blushing. "You told me that's what you did yourselves, didn't you??!"

"Yeah, sure! But you chose the ugliest one!"
Old 03-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Fred, that is pretty good. That would be my kind of luck.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Crazy Glue, that figures.

You two are spending too much time with the sheep.

I see Brent is checking with the crew on Carb sizes.

Haven't heard from HLC in a while. Probably super busy with the kids.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Well what a nice day to go shopping! Considering I don't like to shop, that was most pleasant. Bought a couple pairs of shoes, some makeup and hair stuff, and thoroughly enjoyed walking around the 'good' mall. Dropped my watch off with the jeweler to have the battery changed. Gotta go find my other watch. Now gonna get dinner started, (needs to simmer awhile) and then head up to school. Listen to this:
Pick up my 3, plus their cousin. Bring home. Take #4 to ballet at 4:30. Go to Peter's baseball game a few minutes away that starts at 4. will be late, but better late than never.... My friend will pickup #4 at ballet, and take her to her house. I'll finish Peter's game, and be home at 6:30 or so, to finish dinner. #2 has track meet 1/2 hour away, David is covering that one.... they won't be home til 7-8. #3 is being dragged to baseball. #2 is going to miss baseball practice for his track meet. This almost repeats itself on Thursday. ugh.
yup, i had a nice time at the mall.
seeya!
Kristen
Old 03-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..................

Yesterday was wifey's B'day...went to RoadHouse Grill....yummmmmm....

She got younger??????????????? I'm not askin..........I know better, I'd be Cryin, 96 tears.......

Hey, Little Cobra, don't you know
you are going to shut them down.............................................. ............

Last edited by EarlsflyinCobra; 03-07-2006 at 12:44 PM..
Old 03-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I kind of wish I had cut and pasted a few threads from before the crash. There was some good data about a couple of projects I was considering.

Kind a lost those posts. Rats.

Well, looks like the formal hockey season is ending. I'll have kids home for a few days before spring begins...in a few days.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question

Tru,

Are you now saving all of the threads that have information in them you might want later so the next crash doesn't deprive you of them?

Ron

Old 03-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In light of last night, I no longer have time to get to the threads to save the ones I want.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Its red (or Blue) with a 427 and completely fictional.
Not Ranked     

Good afternoon everyone!

The Caterpillar tried to start up yesterday, but couldn't do it. She ran on ether though! Well, for about 5-10 seconds anyway. The pump timing is correct, so we pulled the Automatic Timing Advance Unit off again, and there in lies the problem. It was sticking, so thats why she wasen't firing... tore that apart today with Mr. Close's help. Demending on weather we need new parts... we *should* be able to get it running long enough to get a video clip next week. This engine is stickin it to the enviromentalists... I heard that when it was running on ether, the smoke was so thick and black that you couldn't see the person standing next to you!

Got my drivers permit yesterday...

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, mike! Happy birthday! i forgot- a day late.... My niece's is tomorrow; Peter's isn't until Dec. He just got his learner's permit last month.

How's the Fairlane coming along??? My cobra is running. I have the big Texas meet next week. (Mar. 24-26)

gotta go!
Kristen
Old 03-17-2006, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Kristen, the Fairlane's coming along nicely, it won't be long til I'll be able to drive it. Hows your Mustang running?

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 03-17-2006, 06:07 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You all have good news. Mike happy B'day. Kristen, happy Cobra running. Ron...Ron?? Where is RON?

I purchased a BB and will looking at possibly turning out a 410 cubic inch monster for something...I don't know what yet, but something.

I like the Roaring Forties GT40, that would be a nice car to park 400 HP into.

I am at a loss as to what is going on with CC. I am beginning to think they should just clear the slate and start over.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am in a heap 'o trouble.

In anger this morning, I changed the password on my computer, and now I can't remember what I changed it to!!!!!!

I know, serves me right, but how can I break into my computer??!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

If you are running XP then you should have made a 3 1/2 floppy disk that will allow you to do this. In earlier versions you could do this by going into set up and looking the password up but I think XP puts it in a file and you can't see it. Since I don't have anyone else using my computers and have nothing to hide I have never bothered with a password as that is just another thing to remember. Next time try taking a dyno tape and putting it on the front of your monitor.
The 3/12 disk doesn'tallow you to remove the old password, it just lets you. put another one in and makes the old one in-operative. Possibly Computerworks knows of an easy way to do this if you don't figure it out and didn't make the disk. Good luck and keepus informed.

Ron

Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kristen, looks like it's time to get the kids, their own machines.

OR, were you upset with Dave?

Well, looks like I am venturing out to Ill to pickup the BB.

Should take about 12 hours.

On another note, power will be put to the lift this weekend. I just hope something goes right on this thing.

Last edited by trularin; 03-18-2006 at 04:01 AM..
Old 03-18-2006, 05:37 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

"I changed the password on my computer, and now I can't remember what I changed it to!!!!!! "

P.T. ?
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tru, is the engine a 390?

9-11 Never Forget

Fear starts with FE
Old 03-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll punch it to 4.130 and up the crank throw.

Should be interesting.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:55 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

oh gosh, fred, it was too early to figure that one out-- took a whole 1.2 seconds!!!

A floppy?? I've never put a disk 'in there' for real computer use! backup? what's that?? I change the password everyday- sometimes twice a day- sometimes once a week. It's a game- I put something that is written down in the office, and #2 is persistent enough, he'll type every word he sees, until he gets it figured out. Yesterday he was disrespectful and said something unacceptable to his mother, so I popped down to the computer and changed it. I was 'mad' so consequently distracted.... and didn't put it in my head for long term remembering! I usually can sit down and immediately remember what I changed it to, but this time I didn't change it to something in the room- something totally random, like 'don't yell at mom' or something too specific. I just can't bring it back up! No, not mad at David. And the LAST THING I will do is get those boys their own computer. NO WAY. Unless it's a cheap junk computer for their stupid games. I took controllers for Nintendo, and Playstation. Maybe at some point he will not yell at me in a disrespectful way.

so. I don't see any of the above suggestions as solutions. I'll make a new thread in lounge, and maybe somebody can help me! Otherwise, I'll have to take the tower to a tech place???

grrrrr.
kristen
Old 03-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The lift lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes kids, it goes up and down and makes a ton of racket.

Next, will it lift a car?????