Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Midstates Cobra's---Speak with Bob Kallio (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/midstates-cobras-speak-bob-kallio/)
-   -   wiring harness ground woes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/midstates-cobras-speak-bob-kallio/117377-wiring-harness-ground-woes.html)

rayzorsharp 09-20-2012 07:30 PM

wiring harness ground woes

Hey guys, I'm in dire needs of a wiring schematic for my Shell Valley car I just purchased. The fuse box has Dr K's engraved in it. I'm having ground issues. When I have my headlights turned on low beam I barely get a light. I can ground the black/white wire at the headlight and the light brightens up. If I switch to bright, it goes to short. I get the same dim light when I touch the wires on my fuse box junction going to the e-flasher. I disconnected the wires from the box but the test light still shows dim. I'm wondering if the problem might be in the (external) turn signal control box. I'm just not sure how to test from here.
Does anyone have any ideas...or a schematic?
Thanks,
Ray

Johnnyg 04-27-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzorsharp (Post 1211843)
Hey guys, I'm in dire needs of a wiring schematic for my Shell Valley car I just purchased. The fuse box has Dr K's engraved in it. I'm having ground issues. When I have my headlights turned on low beam I barely get a light. I can ground the black/white wire at the headlight and the light brightens up. If I switch to bright, it goes to short. I get the same dim light when I touch the wires on my fuse box junction going to the e-flasher. I disconnected the wires from the box but the test light still shows dim. I'm wondering if the problem might be in the (external) turn signal control box. I'm just not sure how to test from here.
Does anyone have any ideas...or a schematic?
Thanks,
Ray

Ray do you have a scematic or wiring diagram for Dr. K's harness?

Dirty Harry 04-29-2017 07:58 PM

Johnnyg,

I have my DR. K wiring directions laying on my desk. If you'll PM me, with your address, I'll put a copy in the mail to you.