Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Midstates Cobra's---Speak with Bob Kallio (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/midstates-cobras-speak-bob-kallio/)
-   -   Anyone have Midstates alignment specs handy? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/midstates-cobras-speak-bob-kallio/74055-anyone-have-midstates-alignment-specs-handy.html)

RedSabre 10-29-2006 07:44 PM

Anyone have Midstates alignment specs handy?

Well got a bit agressive and lost the car in a left turn and hit the curb. Now I need to get an alignment. Anyone have the Midstates alignment specs? I am assuming there are some.

Mike (RedSabre)
lonestar7@earthlink.net

sharpe 1 11-04-2006 02:28 PM

Mine is setup using the spec. from a Mustang II

RedSabre 11-06-2006 05:14 PM

Midstates alignment specs

Got w/Bob who provided the following data:

Driver's side camber -0.25
Passender side camber -0.125
Driver's side caster -0.5
Passenger side caster -0.5
Toe - 1/16

I tried to get them to use the 74-78 Mustang II specs but the alignment guys said because the car is lighter than the Mustang, so the caster and camber was not useful. All they could set is the toe. That is when I went back to Bob for help.

FUNFER2 04-30-2010 08:05 AM

With the cobra being so light weight, be sure to put weight in the car seats, that will apx. equal the weight of your typical driver & passenger. It makes a big difference.

tcrist 04-30-2010 10:29 AM

Kevin is correct about putting weight or at least the alignment shop needs to know the weight of the people normally riding in the car most of the time. Well, at least for a daily driver.

Funny story, Years ago, I had a car aligned and the alignment guy asked me how many people rode in the car 80%of the time, where they set and apporx how much they weighed. He told me that he asked that all of the time now because one time he aligned a car and about 2 months later the guy was back with the front tires worn out and wanted him to fix it and pay for the new tires. So he paid for the tires and re-aligned the car (it was a little out but not enough to cause that much tire wear). Approx 2 months later the guy was back with the same problem. The alignment guy said to go get new tires and he would re-align it for free and if it was out enough he would pay for the tires again. The alignment had not changed but the alignment guy paid him half of the cost for the tires.

Needless to say, this has started to cost him money now. Guess what, 2 months later, same thing. This time the car owners wife came with him. He knew then what had been happening. This guy was about 150lbs and his wife was over the 400 mark. After that he always asked the weight and where they sat in the car.

Funny story but true. Oh yea, this was a Datsun car.

FUNFER2 04-30-2010 10:40 AM

"This guy was about 150lbs and his wife was over the 400 mark. After that he always asked the weight and where they sat in the car".

I hope,.....he's always on top ! lol

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Seagull81 04-30-2010 11:35 AM

Mike,
Did you crash again or is this the same one from the cruise?