Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Mile Hi Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/mile-hi-cobra-club/)
-   -   Arvada CO. Car People Get Together (C & C'ish) 3rd Saturday of the Month? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/mile-hi-cobra-club/104455-arvada-co-car-people-get-together-c-cish-3rd-saturday-month.html)

JoeT 04-14-2011 07:23 PM

I'd love to make it...but I'm out with a head gasket. Should be back on the road next week though

doug_porsche 04-14-2011 08:45 PM

Joe, if your working on your car Saturday, your excused. If not, the car aint required for attendance.

doug_porsche 04-15-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcowan (Post 1122643)
Racing the Cobra again this week end, at PPIR this time. Supposed to be perfect weather - cool air and warm track.

Club Auto is supposed to be starting a cars & Coffee on the first Sat of the month, starting in May. I might actually be able to make one or two of those. It's seperated by 2 weeks, so shouldn't be any conflict.

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/page.php?id=208

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemagoo (Post 1577346826)
I enjoyed meeting up with the group a couple of months ago. I will, however, be at PPIR this Saturday (and Sunday). :D :D

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...elander1-1.jpg

Here's hoping for good driving weather for everyone!

Looks like I should get some "Arvada Social Club Member" temporary tattoo stickers printed up for you all to display at the track!

Be safe, and share your adventure stories!

bobcowan 05-05-2011 08:10 AM

I had planned to go to club auto this saturday for their first Cars & Coffee day. Supposed to the the first Sat in May. But, their web site still says, "dates to be announced". Anybody heard anything differant?

I'm glad I checked the web site, instead of just driving up there.

bran3b 05-05-2011 08:36 AM

I heard a rumor that the cars & Coffee and Club Auto has been relocated again to the south/east side of town, will see if I can find the notice

bran3b 05-05-2011 08:45 AM

well, now I can't find the original posting so I may be mistaken.

doug_porsche 05-05-2011 07:12 PM

It has moved south:

I am going to the Lafayette one this Saturday

For those that have not heard, *Cars and Coffee™ Denver is moving to a brand
new location in Centennial located at 6900 S. Peoria St. Centennial CO 80112
*. There will be breakfast and coffee available along with details of what
we plan to do with this amazing facility!

*What:* Cars and Coffee™ Denver is a weekly gathering of auto enthusiasts
from 9:00am - 12:00pm each Saturday, weather permitting, where hundreds of
proud drivers will congregate to kick tires and have breakfast and a cup of
coffee. There will be something for everyone to enjoy; classics, exotics,
concepts, hotrods, motorcycles and motor-sport.

*Where:* 6900 S. Peoria St. Centennial CO 80112. Two blocks south of
Araphahoe on the east side of street right across from the giant white
bubble.

*Time:* 9:00am - 12:00pm followed by a tour to a new lunch location each
week.

Any questions please check out Cars and Coffee™ Denver

FYI the GoldenSuperCruse is this weekend also.

bobcowan 05-05-2011 09:26 PM

Thanx, Doug. That was the info I was looking for. I did a little more digging, and found this:

Please read carefully as we have decided not to do our shows at the club auto location in Denver... the new address will be 6900 south peoria street in Centennial. The shows will start may 7th from 9:00-12:00 same as before. Food and coffee will be available at this location. Iam told we will have some of the Hooters girls for the 1st show as well. This location will be much closer for those of you who used to come to the Southlands show and be more centally located. IN addition one other change in the format this year will be a cruise to a local restaurent for lunch for those who would like some driving time to be a part the show. Music will be provided on site by Mark Pearson who has a brand new sound system in a trailer that he set up over the summer. As this is a late change please tell all your freinds about the new location so we dont lose anybody in the transition. I will be changing the web site address and driving instructions in the next few days. (the new address in on the south side of arapahoe and on the east side of peoria street. Fly-by

Important please read - a new change in address for our show Start date May 7th

Initially, The auto club people said they would sponser the C&C on the first sat of the month. But the web site says every sat. I wonder which it is?

Also, what about the Arvada Car People on the third sat of the month?

bran3b 05-06-2011 08:50 AM

I am also planning to go to the Lafayette one this week, it is a great show and the coffee is good too.

bobcowan 05-07-2011 10:57 PM

Well, that was fun! Got to see some great cars, spend time talking wth good people, and got free coffee! Such a deal.

They're going to hold that every saturday morning. I'll get up there at least once a month, maybe more often.

doug_porsche 05-19-2011 03:58 PM

Bump for Saturday.

Hey, how long can the rain last?

Think of heading to Quaker Stake and Lube after for their Motormania show afterwards

terry251 05-19-2011 07:58 PM

Hey Doug,

Last I checked it can last 40 days and 40 nights. By my calculations, it should be over next week. I installed a sump pump in my car, but it got clogged up with sea weed. Sheesh, this is a wet spring. The lawn looks good, but it is about 3 feet high now. Perhaps if the world doesn't end on Saturday (as some claim it might) the sun will come out and Arvada will become the promised land for the motorheads! Looking forward to it!

Terry

bobcowan 05-21-2011 03:37 PM

Beautifull weather this morning. A little cool when I left the house around 0830. But it warmed up real nice and was a beautifull morning.

After that, I drove out to Quaker Steak to see their car show. When I got there, they wanted $20 to enter the show. I wasn't interested in that. I planned to park, walk around, maybe have some lunch, then go home. But, there was no place to park! They had blocked the lot from the doors south - one way in, and the same way out. People drove through the north part of the lot, and had to use the handicapped space to turn around. So I left.

Kramer 05-21-2011 03:52 PM

Hey Bob - Actually I was there when you pulled in. I walked up to move the cones for you and say hello but before I could you had already pulled a Uturn and left. I didn't have my car out only b/c I am replacing the ring gear on the flywheel so maybe next week. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello since I almost caught up to you today.

bobcowan 05-21-2011 08:29 PM

Yeah, I saw you there holding a short person! The girl at the entrance didn't want me driving through the show from the other side. So I didn't figure they'd appreciate it if I snuck in the back door.

I went west to Golden, then south to home. Beautifull day to be out in a Roadster.

JoeT 05-24-2011 05:20 PM

Bob, I saw you there too....and I saw Kramer lifting up a cone, but didn't know either of you two.

I was there with my 9 year old daughter and had the lt green FFR

Your car sounded great... love the wheels too

doug_porsche 06-16-2011 04:56 PM

Bump for Saturday.

This may be our last one. They have sold the building and WalMart in moving in. Not sure what their schedule is yet.