Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Mile Hi Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/mile-hi-cobra-club/)
-   -   Looking for an alloy CSX (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/mile-hi-cobra-club/77450-looking-alloy-csx.html)

Flash 03-20-2007 04:30 AM

Looking for an alloy CSX

I am considering all options including an SPF but would love to find a CSX.

Fred
303-688-6627 (evenings)
303-968-2252 (days)

kris-kincaid 03-20-2007 06:22 AM

Heres one http://www.csxinfo.net/web/modules/s...p?topic=1147.0

Thompson 03-20-2007 06:25 PM

Fred,

Have you checked with Legendary Motorsports in Castle Rock? Trac Stephenson. 303-688-1002

Dick

Gary Morris 03-20-2007 08:41 PM

Good luck Fred and thanks for the taking the time to talk with me. An alloy CSX.......better get ready to drop another 20K over a glass car.....plus paint.
Good luck in the hunt.

Gary

Kramer 03-21-2007 09:22 PM

Flash-

fyi...I was down at legendary the weekend before last talking with cliff on induction methods..noticed there was a CSX car on assignment you may want to check out.....it was a completed alum car painted black....I didn't ask about price but i suspect something over $100k at a min.

Good Luck,

Kramer

jdog 03-21-2007 09:47 PM

Re-body

If you find the right glass car at a good price, you might check into an alum re-body.

Like Gary said, for about $20,000, you can have it done!

Your still getting an alum CSX car for less than sticker!:cool:

jdog:)
P.S. I'm giving it some thought myself.

Flash 03-22-2007 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kramer
Flash-

fyi...I was down at legendary the weekend before last talking with cliff on induction methods..noticed there was a CSX car on assignment you may want to check out.....it was a completed alum car painted black....I didn't ask about price but i suspect something over $100k at a min.

Good Luck,

Kramer

That car is the first aluminum car ever produced by Shelby. It is consigned at 250K! A little rich for my taste. :eek:

Morris 03-22-2007 07:46 AM

Flash

I believe CSX 4303 might be for sale.....

I know he's made comments about selling it......

Beautiful car and well set up ...... for street or track.....

Will be expensive..... but aren't they all....

send me a PM....

Morris

kevinR 03-22-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdog
If you find the right glass car at a good price, you might check into an alum re-body.

Like Gary said, for about $20,000, you can have it done!

Your still getting an alum CSX car for less than sticker!:cool:

jdog:)
P.S. I'm giving it some thought myself.

you might be able to do the rebody but the registry will show it left shelby as glass. also, the rebody (if not done by shelby with documentation) will be shown as such.

FeWedge 03-22-2007 07:59 AM

Re-Body

Correct me if am wrong, but I thought the frames for the glass CSX cars are different than the aluminum CSX cars.
Rob

kevinR 03-22-2007 08:08 AM

the difference will be in the structure that supports the body.

jdog 03-22-2007 08:21 AM

It's still in the registry

It would still be a CSX car in the registry, with a note that it now has an aluminum body by Kirkham. I think I could live with that. Kirkham built cars seem to hold their value for some good reason.

It would still be an aluminum CSX Cobra for less than sticker. I don't think you could loose. I'm currently exploring this option for CSX4795!:)

jdog
P.S. I may have a perfectly good Shelby glass body for sale soon, make offer!;)