Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Minnesota Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/minnesota-cobra-club/)
-   -   Hot rodders in Twin Cities (MN) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/minnesota-cobra-club/128172-hot-rodders-twin-cities-mn.html)

Igotta P 03-17-2014 05:57 PM

Hot rodders in Twin Cities (MN)

Hi all,

I'll be relocating later this year to the TC metro area, but haven't chosen where. It might be fun to move into a community with a strong rodding or classic car scene. Do any of you have recommendations?

NRP/MN 03-19-2014 06:42 AM

North St Paul every Friday night shuts down the main drag in town and hosts the rodding community. Likewise, Hastings does the same every other Saturday night. Each of these events easily draws upwards of 700 cars. Many of the surrounding cities host car shows or cruises in conjunction with their town festivals. Pizza Shoppe in West St Paul does a Thursday night cruise in.Apple Valley Ford hosts an "all Ford" show in early June. I only follow events in the east metro but I know Anoka has a Friday night show also. Come on down-you won't be bored.

fasterpatrick 03-19-2014 11:00 AM

I'm with Mike I follow stuff on the east side, believe me there is plenty to do.
the hot rod community is huge in this area it shouldn't take long to find a place to hang out with car guys. I try to shy away from larger events do to the fact that our cars to not like long periods of running in place looking for a spot to park. let us know where you chose to land and we can find you somewhere.

The Apple Valley Show is great and is worth the drive from anywhere in the metro.

Patrick

cody50 01-23-2015 02:55 PM

New guy too

Hey, I'm a Twin Cities transplant as well. I was living in Elk River in the far NW for the last two years. Anoka has a pretty good weekly cruise in and there are two yearly shows in Elk River, not to mention two good shops to go to in either Elk River or Blaine for engine and chassis work.

I recently moved to Apple Valley and will definitely attend the all Ford show.
Minnetonka has some weekly shows around some private shops too.

66gtk 01-23-2015 03:06 PM

Car scene is fantastic here, but it's really short!!!! Lots to do almost any given day of the week. Did I say the season was short? Oh yea, cars and coffee in Chanhassen on the first Sat of the month is quite the epic event, too. Back to the Fifties in June is not Cobra friendly, but is not to miss. There is another 3 day event at the fair grounds in August that is Cobra friendly as well. Let us know where you land. I live in the NW Metro.

cody50 01-24-2015 05:14 AM

Car and coffee - that's the one I was thinking about
Upcoming Events
There is a lot of money on that side of town and it makes for a great show.

I heard that Car Craft is leaving the state fair but being replaced with Street Machine Nationals put on by PowerNation TV. It has Autocross and some handling, braking, power challenges. Would be great to see a really competitive cobra in this.

This link has most of the planned events, as you can see, a lot in MN
Minnesota Car Shows « CarShowNationals.com 2015

Igotta P 02-08-2015 09:13 AM

Thanks for the recent replies. I'll see you in Anoka and C&C in Chan, both favorites. You may also want to check out the every other Weds cruise-ins in Victoria - My favorite. Weekly cruise-ins in Henderson are also well worth the trip.

Keep an eye out for the silver & black Backdraft and say hello. Looking forward to an early spring! See you out there!

66gtk 02-08-2015 11:56 AM

This is a pretty comprehensive site that is updated regularly to find ongoing cruises and annual shows in our area.
New Event Listings for 2014 are starting to come in and are being added daily on autoswalk.com. 2014 Shows will be bigger and better than ever. Find them here first on autoswalk.com!