Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Models and Collectibles (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/models-collectibles/)
-   -   What brand is largest model Daytona coupe (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/models-collectibles/105804-what-brand-largest-model-daytona-coupe.html)

Historybuff 07-26-2010 12:32 PM

What brand is largest model Daytona coupe

I want to buy Daytona coupe model about 1/6th scale. So far can only find
1/8th. Is there a larger one, about 1 1/2 ft. long, half a foot wide?

Mark IV 07-26-2010 01:58 PM

No.............

LMH 07-26-2010 02:11 PM

FFR makes a pretty big one!
:D
Larry

LREYBURN 07-26-2010 03:14 PM

Check out the following: http://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/CTGY/SHLBY They make a 1/18th scale model with functional doors, hood, & rear window. The model is about a foot long and about 6" wide.

mr bruce 07-26-2010 07:40 PM

There was a 1/4 scale r/c Daytona made a few years back, don't know how many were made.Maybe you could commission the "K" Bros. to fabricate one for you.

Historybuff 08-05-2010 01:40 PM

If you remember the name maybe I can order it

There is a model car place near my house but it seems they; deal mostly in gas powered ones which cost hundreds of dollars Still if they know the name maybe they can order it. How long was a 1/4 scale? Sounds huge.

mr bruce 08-05-2010 01:45 PM

It was about 3' long, and it was around $8000, and that was back in the1990s. I have a 1/4 scale Cheetah that I built from scratch. I could build you a Daytona, in 1/4th scale , but you'll probably balk at the price.

hurricaneharold 09-12-2010 06:11 AM

Franklin Mint made a 1/12 th scale Daytona cobra

thatbluetruck 09-18-2010 05:05 AM

A close friend of mine built one but, i do not know if he finished it. Lee Holman liked it (Holman-Moody) and wanted one for himself. I'll check next time I visit his garage.

Ron61 09-18-2010 05:24 AM

EXOTO made the whole series of all 6 a few years ago and you had to order them one at a time and wait until they had them built. The detail is excellent and if you bought all 6, you got a free polished stainless steel one. They are about 11"long and 6" wide. Two people building kits have came to look at mine to see how the originals had the battery and some things. They even put the spare tires in them with the bungee cords holding them down. Not as large as you want but the best die cast models I have seen so far and I have some from other manufacturers. Doors, hood, rear window open and the steering works.

Ron

Daytonatim 12-03-2010 07:51 PM

I know somebody who has a 1/4 scale body, wheels, and I think tires. I don't know if he wants to sell it........I can check if you are interested.

first25q 05-09-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr bruce (Post 1069466)
It was about 3' long, and it was around $8000, and that was back in the1990s. I have a 1/4 scale Cheetah that I built from scratch. I could build you a Daytona, in 1/4th scale , but you'll probably balk at the price.

What kind of $$$$ are we talikng about.What would the mold be made of?Foam,Glass,Clay,Aluminum.

I have a couple other bodies that i would like to make.

e-mail:info@firstquarterracing.com

Ed Berube
First Quarter Racing

OnyxRider 05-09-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron61 (Post 1078927)
EXOTO made the whole series of all 6 a few years ago and you had to order them one at a time and wait until they had them built. The detail is excellent and if you bought all 6, you got a free polished stainless steel one. They are about 11"long and 6" wide. Two people building kits have came to look at mine to see how the originals had the battery and some things. They even put the spare tires in them with the bungee cords holding them down. Not as large as you want but the best die cast models I have seen so far and I have some from other manufacturers. Doors, hood, rear window open and the steering works.

Ron

I think I have the set of 5 with matching numbers stashed away. I think it was for the '65 championship year. Had them signed and boxed them up. I also have the car carrier and a bunch of other stuff.

vector1 05-09-2014 05:36 PM

Find somebody with a 3D printer.