Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   New England Cobra Enthusiasts (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/new-england-cobra-enthusiasts/)
-   -   Recommendations for Body and Paint Work (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/new-england-cobra-enthusiasts/128971-recommendations-body-paint-work.html)

D&M2 05-19-2014 08:58 AM

Recommendations for Body and Paint Work

Hello Everyone,

Looking to get recommendations for body shops to prep and paint the cobra in the NH, MA, CT area. I would prefer a shop that has done fiberglass cobra bodies in the past.

Let me know who you would recommend and I'll see if I can finally get this thing looking like a real car. :)

Mike

Murky781 05-19-2014 10:43 AM

Mike, Ct Custom Car in Enfield Ct has done a lot of cobras of all makes and they are one of ERA's preferred vendors. I have had two cars done there and they did an incredible job on both of them, one white, one black. Their bodywork is first rate, and they will work with you on any questions or special things you might want done. Walt Sr., Walt Jr. and Dianne are very genuine and the nicest folks around. I highly recommend them.

Good luck, Murray

kgs365 05-19-2014 05:16 PM

second recommendation for CT Custom Car..painted my ERA raven black ...flawless paint and body work..delivered on time within the estimate..

1985 CCX 05-19-2014 05:32 PM

Mike

Mine was painted here in NH, New Boston

Call Tim at 471-1036

Web:
The Restoration Station
Home

He is close so you can watch the process, come see my car as an example of his work.

Jeff

D&M2 05-19-2014 05:50 PM

Thanks Everyone,

I have some calls to make tomorrow.

Mike

ERA Chas 05-19-2014 07:18 PM

Make sure you call Ron Randall-ERA owner and superb painter. In North Haven CT.
He's 'Metal-morphous' on here.

sea2jet 05-20-2014 03:51 AM

Another recommendation for Ron at Metal-Morphous. Super nice guy who is great to deal with.

D&M2 05-21-2014 10:42 AM

Thanks Everyone for your imput. I have spoken with each of the people recommended and have sent pictures. Now the waiting begins. ;)

doleauto 05-24-2014 11:11 AM

Mike
My car was painted "over your way" by Gordon Vanderpool from New England Kustom and Collision in Hillsboro. Don't have number, you will have to look it up. Tell Gordon I said to call. Hope this helps. I called him on a Friday, the next morning at 09:00, there was a knock on my door. He showed up for morning coffee with a scrap book containing a history of the stock and custom cars he did.

Tom

1985 CCX 06-07-2014 08:41 AM

Mike

Who did you choose?