Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   News/Press Releases (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/)
-   -   RM Auctions and the like. . . (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/123120-rm-auctions-like.html)

krausewich 10-19-2013 07:56 AM

RM Auctions and the like. . .

Good morning all.
After kicking back and catching up on some TiVo last night
all that I can say is how absolutely DISGUSTED I feel after
watching the Chasing Classic Cars 'Chance of a lifetime' episode!
S6/Ep15-67 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 N.A.R.T. An episode which
chronicles the path of Eddie Smith's Sr.'s family (whose
generosity seems to have no bounds), as they knowledgably
decide to offer what they are sure is an extremely valuable
automobile, and exponentially more valuable... their late
fathers prized car, up for charity auction.

RM Auctions sunk their GREEDY HOOKS into 2.5 million
'buyers premium' for a car that was DONATED for the sole
purpose to raise money for charities. That was the most
vile act I've seen in a long time. I hope everyone on the
planet boycotts RM Auctions for eternity! ! ! I'd be VERY
interested to learn what Wayne Carini from Chasing Classic
Cars squeezed them for as well. No honor amongst thieves.
Everyone involved in that transaction should have donated
every penny to charity, learning from one of the most generous
acts most of us will every witness in our lifetime! This is
everything that is wrong with America. GREED. As car guys,
we can all do our part to raise the bar, and not only that,
but show others how to keep it up and help raise it higher!!

Smith family.. you are an AMAZING inspiration. Thank you.

Bernica 10-19-2013 08:33 AM

I watched the episode and was under the impression that everyone was in for the charity, including RM. Most disappointing if that's not true. The Smith family was amazing to give back like that. Hammered at $25 million.

OnyxRider 10-19-2013 09:49 AM

I am well aware of the vehicle and auction, however I did not see the episode in question. I hope that the fees if not waived went toward the charity. I don't think Rm would want that kind of bad publicity.

Bernica 10-19-2013 09:54 AM

Pigs get fed, Hogs get slaughtered.

jr289 10-19-2013 10:29 AM

I would think rm would have done a press release if they too were donating. Maybe there is a write up on their website?

Mark IV 10-19-2013 01:10 PM

Almost as nasty as the dipwad at one of the auctions last year that was bidding on a charity car, a new Camaro or some such, and he bid along until it got close to selling. He then backed out of the bidding BUT SENT OUT A PRESS RELEASE ABOUT HOW HE HELPED RAISE "X" AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THE CHARITY!!!!!! He didn't spend a dime!

THAT is real douchebaggery!