Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   News/Press Releases (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/)
-   -   Summit Racing Arlington TX. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/137906-summit-racing-arlington-tx.html)

spdbrake 01-31-2017 12:56 PM

Summit Racing Arlington TX.

I just got a flyer from Summit saying they're opening a Store / Distribution center here in Arlington, TX. Fall 2017.

I'm in trouble....

Fall 2017 opening Summit store and dist center - Club Cobra Photo Gallery

dallas_ 01-31-2017 02:51 PM

I can't wait. Wonder if we can browse around in their warehouse.
Although their shipping is free and fast with free return shipping if needed. Summit does a lot of things right.

joyridin' 01-31-2017 06:03 PM

The bad part is you will now get to pay states sales tax.

dallas_ 01-31-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1414544)

They already charge us sales tax.

gsharapa 01-31-2017 07:08 PM

They charge sales tax as I believe they have another store somewhere in Texas already. If you have a business in a particular state and mail order you have to charge tax in that state the customer is ordering from.

nealgs 02-01-2017 12:53 AM

that's awesome :) - i'm just waiting for them to open their first UK branch :D

Gary

joyridin' 02-01-2017 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas_ (Post 1414545)
They already charge us sales tax.

Ok...then you will be sitting pretty!

YerDugliness 02-01-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyridin' (Post 1414544)

I had to pay state sales tax when I ordered tires from Summit...b/c of their "retail" presence in the state of TX, where I had them shipped.

I wonder if I would have had to pay the sales tax if I had them shipped to KS?

Cheers!

Dugly :cool:

Texasdoc 02-01-2017 01:31 PM

I've known this was coming for about 6 months. Man, I'm in trouble.

KSW64 02-01-2017 01:58 PM

I was just in Reno, NV where there is a Summit Racing store. It was very cool. It was a real pleasure to speak with parts people who know a thing or two about CARS!

Autozone and O'reilly's staff their stores with people who barely know which side of the car the gas cap is on!

Ken

spdbrake 08-14-2017 10:49 AM

Just got a new Summit catalog and the Arlington Grand Opening is Sept 29-Oct 3.
It mentioned there will be quite few in-store sales items that will be listed at
Onallcylinders.com/tag/summit-racing-texas

TX-Excalibur 01-12-2018 09:07 AM

I ordered a battery switch from the Arlington store recently and had them ship it to me being over 75 miles away. They shipped the same day and I had it the third day. Looking through their parts inventory catalog tells me that I am in trouble. My wife controls the bank accounts and says I am worse than a bank robber.

hinoonaz 01-12-2018 03:08 PM

My wife always asks what did i buy now and where is the receipt. Thank goodness they are not in Az. Sometimes i get away by saying for business but she knows Summit and SoCal on credit statement.