Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   News/Press Releases (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/)
-   -   New York Will Now Fine You $1000 For a Noisy Aftermarket Exhaust (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/145336-new-york-will-now-fine-you-1000-noisy-aftermarket-exhaust.html)

waterloo 11-02-2021 04:45 AM

New York Will Now Fine You $1000 For a Noisy Aftermarket Exhaust

New York Governor Kathy Hochul has just signed a new bill that will bump fines for exhaust noise violation in the state from $150 to $1000. The bill is called SLEEP, and, because all lawmakers inherently love a good acronym, that stands for "Stop Loud and Excessive Exhaust Pollution."
SEMA data indicates that it's the harshest fine for an exhaust system violation in the nation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...3kzX7RDeyyIWB4

jetblue69 11-02-2021 07:35 AM

Just another reason I'm glad I moved from that dump 10 years ago...

Ahshoe 11-02-2021 08:10 AM

But while you are pulled over getting a loud exhaust ticket ..... motorcycles will fly by you with deafening decibels. They seem to get away with it all the time around here.

twobjshelbys 11-02-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahshoe (Post 1498874)
But while you are pulled over getting a loud exhaust ticket ..... motorcycles will fly by you with deafening decibels. They seem to get away with it all the time around here.

I don't mind the sound of a rumbly V8 but someone around us runs their rice rocket past our window at 10PM with an exhaust that sounds like a chain saw on steroids. I can hear them for blocks.

LMH 11-02-2021 02:09 PM

Who decides what’s too loud? Cops carry decibel meters now?
Larry

twobjshelbys 11-02-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1498894)
Who decides what’s too loud? Cops carry decibel meters now?
Larry

That's been the issue with these "noise ordinance". I believe CA actually changed their ticket from a fine to a summons to appear, where the measurement was made scientifically instead of the subjective call of one officer.

incoming 11-02-2021 02:43 PM

Mine's factory

Gaz64 11-02-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahshoe (Post 1498874)

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1498885)
I don't mind the sound of a rumbly V8 but someone around us runs their rice rocket past our window at 10PM with an exhaust that sounds like a chain saw on steroids. I can hear them for blocks.

I get these scenarios as well, happens everywhere.
While my ears were still ringing, I looked at a cop one time for his reaction, but too busy with the pen.

Harpoon PV2 11-02-2021 10:08 PM

The thing that irritates me far more then loud cars, trucks or motorcycles is, Rollin Coal! The practice of diesel pickups purposely modifying their trucks to let out thick black smoke screen. If you get stuck behind a couple of these jerks on a motorcycle or in an open top car, you will not soon forget it!

Mark IV 11-03-2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harpoon PV2 (Post 1498910)
The thing that irritates me far more then loud cars, trucks or motorcycles is, Rollin Coal! The practice of diesel pickups purposely modifying their trucks to let out thick black smoke screen. If you get stuck behind a couple of these jerks on a motorcycle or in an open top car, you will not soon forget it!

Like this? https://jalopnik.com/a-teenager-ran-...l-c-1847751857

Buzz 11-03-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV (Post 1498917)

The remaining cyclists should've dragged that punk out of his truck and pounded his face into the ground!:mad::mad:
No doubt though that they would've been arrested for beating on a minor.

Buzz 11-03-2021 07:06 AM

Now that I've gotten that off my chest - here's a wonderful solution: Ford's all new 480HP, 634 lb/ft Eluminator electric crate motor.
Dump those noisy, smelly V8's and get with the EV program in those Cobras!
https://jalopnik.com/ford-shows-off-...sti-1847985533

(EDIT: that's the combined output of a 2 motor installation - still badass as hell)

jetblue69 11-03-2021 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1498919)
Now that I've gotten that off my chest - here's a wonderful solution: Ford's all new 480HP, 634 lb/ft Eluminator electric crate motor.
Dump those noisy, smelly V8's and get with the EV program in those Cobras!
https://jalopnik.com/ford-shows-off-...sti-1847985533

Yeah...even comes with a man purse.

Buzz 11-03-2021 07:21 AM

Bonus!

incoming 11-03-2021 02:47 PM

@Harpoon, A friend of mine had a truck that would really roll coal with the flick of the switch. It would also outrun most of the stuff on the street. One day, one of those buzz bumbs pulled up beside him revving their rice burner at a red light, Bob turned her up right quick and filled the open windowed buzz bomb full of smoke. Precious

twobjshelbys 11-03-2021 03:45 PM

That's just rude.

Buzz 11-03-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incoming (Post 1498932)
@Harpoon, A friend of mine had a truck that would really roll coal with the flick of the switch. It would also outrun most of the stuff on the street. One day, one of those buzz bumbs pulled up beside him revving their rice burner at a red light, Bob turned her up right quick and filled the open windowed buzz bomb full of smoke. Precious

Yep . that little punk who used a pickup to terrrorize and ultimately critically injure fellow citizens probably has a phucking asshole daddy just like you raising him to be a good little POS to make you proud. F--king moron.

1985 CCX 11-04-2021 07:25 AM

Another reason to support the Repubicans. Live and let live, keep your hands out of my pocket.

767Jockey 11-04-2021 09:11 AM

I used to live in NY. Now I live in Texas. No comparison - God Bless Texas!

PDUB 11-04-2021 10:58 PM

We jettisoned our New York property, as well! Sad for the good people still stuck there!