Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   Paint (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/128235-paint.html)

prp289 03-20-2014 10:36 AM

Paint

Hi my name is Phil, I just started building an ERA FIA Cobra. My question to you is I live in the Sacramento area, any suggestions on a place to take my car to get painted. Thanks.... Phil

Jim Doak 03-20-2014 11:05 AM

You might want to contact Ken Pike (Street Rod Painter). He's in Yuba City, not too far from you.

Metal-morphous 03-20-2014 11:18 AM

Ken is the one you want!!! Excellent quality!!

mrmustang 03-20-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal-morphous (Post 1291871)
Ken is the one you want!!! Excellent quality!!

X2 Ken is the man on the west coast :cool:

BMEP 03-20-2014 07:39 PM

Hi Phil,

X3 on Ken. When he painted my FFR about a year ago, I asked how many Cobras he's painted and he said, "At this point, about 650". It's hard to argue with that amount of experience.

The other guy is Jeff Miller in Temecula but that's a lot further than Yuba City.

Now the big question: What color? I hope you have an easier time choosing than I did! :)

pgermond 03-24-2014 04:40 PM

It's been asked and answer - Ken Pike is the man. He is in Yuba City. He painted my car 10-years ago and it still looks great.

Home

prp289 03-26-2014 07:40 AM

Thanks for your replies. Time line for paint, looks like July ish.... I will be doing most of the body work and letting who ever I bring my car to finish it off and paint. Hope to meet you at one of your gatherings....Thanks again

decooney 04-02-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prp289 (Post 1292663)
Thanks for your replies. Time line for paint, looks like July ish.... I will be doing most of the body work and letting who ever I bring my car to finish it off and paint. Hope to meet you at one of your gatherings....Thanks again

prp289 / FYI:
If you want Ken to paint your ERA and you want it done to his high standard of quality, trust me when I say this, he is going to do the body work. I've had several discussions with Ken about this on projects we did together, and for a few friends as well. Call Ken before you start on your body and ask him first. It actually costs you more if you do the body work and fillers yourself, because he spends time paying his team to strip it all back off. I've painfully watched a few people try this before thinking they were saving money. The rare few times he has trusted other people's (incompatible) materials and work, it came out worse than if Ken just completed the work start to finish himself. He has perfected every layer that goes on the car for the glass, fillers, sealers and more long before the primer coats go on the car. Give him a call to get on the waiting list. Good luck. Feel free to send me a PM if I can assist in any way.