Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   Cobra Experience (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/142344-cobra-experience.html)

FFR 3099 05-21-2019 08:22 AM

Cobra Experience

All signed up for June !st at the Cobra Experience. For anyone else who is going, be sure to repay for your passengers lunch, I noticed they are recommending to do so to be sure they have enough for participants and riders. They are expecting a large spectator turn out.

1985 CCX 05-22-2019 06:15 AM

Ill be missing this year but have to say it a great event!
The Serb's do a great job and the cars spectacular. :3DSMILE:

SN8K IS 05-25-2019 01:26 PM

If anyone attending Cobra Day wants to drive in as a group, we’re up for it. We take the Delta route to avoid 80, and the Old Sugar Mill is a great place to meet. If anyone is interested just post a response and we’ll make the arrangements.

TomBassman 05-26-2019 08:59 AM

Looking forward to Cobra Day!

I look forward to seeing the club members at this event next Saturday.

My backstory with regards to this event:
I was at last year's Cobra Day as a spectator, having been given entry to the museum by my wife as a birthday present. Michael Tatro was kind enough to give me my first ride in a Cobra product, his Superformance Shelby Daytona, after the show. Two months later, I was no longer a spectator. I took delivery of my own Superformance Shelby Daytona after a lifelong desire to just drive a Cobra roadster.

Cruisin428 05-26-2019 09:00 AM

My car is not ready to take that long of a trip, but we would tag along with you to go to the show. We have never been to the museum! You are meeting in Clarksburg? What time ?

SN8K IS Wife 05-26-2019 08:16 PM

Cruisin428 yes in Clarksburg unsure of time waiting for arrival time from Cobra Experience. Last time we had different arrival times. Will post after we get the email.

Jim Norris 05-29-2019 08:19 AM

Can't make this one, darn it. Sure was a lot of fun last year. You guys take care and by all means don't use I-80 to come home.

SN8K IS 05-29-2019 06:07 PM

We got our instructions from the Cobra Experience today. We have to arrive at their location between 9:15 & 9:45, but since the show starts at 10:00 AM, we’ll be getting there earlier rather than later. If anyone wants to drive in from the Old Sugar Mill, we should probably meet there about 7:45 and leave for the Cobra Experience by 8:00 AM. Let us know if you’re interested and/or need information on the location, just let us know.

tortuga 05-31-2019 07:14 PM

So I thought it was more of a cars and coffee sort of thing, noticed just today that there is (was) registration required...

Is it OK to just show up, or will I be relegated to parking way out of the way somewhere (is it full or just closed)?

Thanks
Steve H
SPF 1764

SN8K IS Wife 05-31-2019 09:07 PM

Unsure if it is sold out or not. You can show up, there is parking around Cobra Experience. It’s a fun event.

Cruisin428 05-31-2019 10:00 PM

We plan on meeting you at the sugar mill. See you in the morning!

ACHiPo 06-01-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortuga (Post 1462537)
So I thought it was more of a cars and coffee sort of thing, noticed just today that there is (was) registration required...

Is it OK to just show up, or will I be relegated to parking way out of the way somewhere (is it full or just closed)?

Thanks
Steve H
SPF 1764

You can show up, but your car won't be in the main show area. Registration closed for that a few weeks ago.

1985 CCX 06-02-2019 09:13 AM

Pictures?

tortuga 06-02-2019 03:17 PM

Fantastic Event

Had to wait for a while in the penalty box to get in, but eventually paid my fee and parked with mustangs, but a first class event. Never seen so many cobras...AND what a dozen vintage examples?

Definitely go again and sign up early for next year if still on this side of the grass...

Steve H
SPF 1764

bunyip 06-03-2019 07:48 AM

Beautiful weather and nice Cobra drive from the Sugar Mill along the levee road to the Cobra Experience car show. Plenty of Cobra's both outside and inside. Picked up several good ideas, looking at how the Cobras were put together. OK, there were some Mustangs too. I joined Bill and Pam in their Cobra. Jim drove as far as Isleton with us. Would have been even better if more NorCal Cobras from the Sacramento area had joined us.

ACHiPo 06-04-2019 06:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The best part was seeing two original narrow-hipped 427s: CSX3154 and CSX3158 sitting right next to each other.

1985 CCX 06-04-2019 07:55 AM

That's all the pics guy's

TomBassman 06-04-2019 10:28 AM

A couple of photos from Cobra Day

Would appreciate any directions as to how to upload photos. Thanks!

ACHiPo 06-04-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1462693)
That's all the pics guy's

I've got a few more, but ran out of time this morning.