Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

Thanks for a great event you north bay guys'

Maurice
Old 05-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice19 View Post
Thanks for a great event you north bay guys'

Maurice

Ditto. It was great seeing everyone and the weather was amazing. Connecting with everyone again from the different areas is a different dynamic than just hanging out in our own regional clubs. We need to make sure we keep doing these once or twice a year at a minimum. Lots of conversation and questions came up about the cars and "future events", so its good to keep it going and socialize good ideas for the future.

THANKS, I had a great time today.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factroy Five MKIII Roadster/ FMS 302 engine Mass-Flow injection
Not Ranked     

Great event today, the picnic idea worked out nicely -weather was awesome, thank you to all who put this on.

Great day in Sonoma

Dan
Old 05-21-2011, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

This was my first "North Bay" drive up and it was great!
Met some old friends, but it was meeting a high-school friend that was the best part (35 years ago was the last time I saw Danny). Had a great conversation with him.
I did my normal photography stuff and wanted to share some (only 1/2 done so far); enjoy:

*EDIT* *THE REST OF THE PHOTOS *

Last edited by 289fia_cobra; 05-22-2011 at 12:00 AM..
Old 05-21-2011, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

Herman, what time of day did you take these? Good shots as usual. How do you get them to upload so large. It doesn't work for me. I use a Canon 21 mp 5D mk 2.

We did the Santa Barbara 4 day 1,067 mile run last week and I haven't cleaned up the car yet and don't want to drive it until I give it it's 1000 mile checkup. Maybe see you at the Yosemite run next month or at Snakes to the lake.

Last edited by wanab5150; 05-21-2011 at 10:24 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Looks like these photos must have been taken in the a.m. right after the first wave of cars got there. Neither of the ends were filled out yet which was right before the 2nd wave of NorCal cars got there on the right side at 10:20am. The smaller 3rd and 4th wave of cars came in on the left side after that to fill it out a bit more. At lunch time, it filled out pretty well with a lot of walk-in traffic with the jass festival thing going on there... a decent turnout considering many of the original posters who planned to attend were not able to make it.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanab5150 View Post
Herman, what time of day did you take these? Good shots as usual. How do you get them to upload so large. It doesn't work for me. I use a Canon 21 mp 5D mk 2.
Tom:

As mentioned above, I got there 10:15 or 10:20. I started snapping shots pretty much as soon as I got there. I'll be resizing my other 1/2 of the photos later on.

The size of the photos are dependent upon the server/service you're using. Comcast is great with this; they compress the files I download, and allow them to be viewed at whatever size I want. I typically keep it anywhere between 800-1000 pixel width.

More pics coming.

-Herman
Old 05-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Blue Car
Not Ranked     

Hey All,

Wow, that was so cool and what a fun day! Just want to thank all those who made it out for the day and always nice getting together as an extended group.

For those who couldn't make it, hopefully we'll see you next year and will keep you posted.

Great pictures Herman and thanks so much for posting them.

Thanks again everyone,

John
Old 05-22-2011, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 4596
Not Ranked     

Great event, beautiful day..... thanks for putting this together North Bay.

Herman, great seeing & talking with you again. Let's not make it another 35 yrs..... I don't think I'll be among the living......
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

It was a great time. Perfect weather. Nice to see everyone. It got quite crowded at times as the jazz crowd ebbed and flowed in and out of the plaza. As usual, people from all over the world were there to admire the cars. We met a couple of people in our area that are building cars that will be joining the group. We met William, who is working on a 4WD Cobra!

Nice pictures Herman. Thanks for featuring my crooked red radiator. I rushed to get my new radiator in for this event. I mucked up placement of the mounting holes, but no time to fix it. It may stay that way for some time.

Thanks to everyone for coming by. It was really great to see everyone and their great cars.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: stack injected 408W Factory Five roadster
Not Ranked     

Herman, great pics as usual.

thanks to the north bay cobras for putting this on. always fun to see a gathering of a bunch of cobras in a nice setting and to meet fellow enthusiasts.