Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   North Bay Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/north-bay-cobras/)
-   -   Cobra Fatality in North Bay (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/north-bay-cobras/125821-cobra-fatality-north-bay.html)

boblyon1 01-24-2014 08:36 AM

Cobra Fatality in North Bay

What a sad thing to report - The driver remains unidentified.

Petaluma man dies in car crash west of town | The Press Democrat

boblyon1 01-24-2014 08:58 AM

Still unable to identify the driver but here is an article from the Petaluma paper with photo:

http://www.petaluma360.com/article/2.../0/community07

Tony Ripepi 01-24-2014 09:36 AM

Saw this on the news last night...Sincere Condolences to his family.

ERA Chas 01-24-2014 09:40 AM

No help to him but it's on its rollbar.

jwd 01-24-2014 10:13 AM

100% preventable.

Ron61 01-24-2014 10:41 AM

Very sad and I feel for his family. These cars can be dangerous if you don't be careful and from the article it looks as if he was doing something that he shouldn't have been. As JWD said, that was 100% preventable.

Ron :(

MRGEORGE077 01-24-2014 06:33 PM

but their identity has not been released.

Was their more than one?

Clyde's Keeper 01-24-2014 06:34 PM

RIP Thomas Jeffery Hauth

Driver of yesterdays accident has been identified as Thomas Jeffrey Hauth of Petaluma. May he rest in peace.

Got the Bug 01-24-2014 08:29 PM

Condolences to Thomas Hauth's family.

100% preventable if you follow all traffic laws 100% of the time. These cars are a handful and half. How many times have people stomped on it until the "pucker factor" kicks in, or have been on the highway and decide to stomp on it?

boblyon1 01-24-2014 09:02 PM

Here's a link to the latest article:

Petaluma360.com | Petaluma Argus-Courier | Petaluma, CA

Paul F 01-24-2014 09:19 PM

I used to drive that road everyday to work. It's a great drive; winding, mostly hilly. Unfortunately, it is marked no-passing for most of the way and for good reason. It appears he was in a no passing section from the picture.

I understand if he did pass in a no passing section. It sure was frustrating getting stuck behind slow cars and feed trucks.

Ron61 01-25-2014 01:27 AM

Paul,

We have a highway like that which goes from Redding to the coast and is the main way over there. It follows the old stagecoach route and the past few years they have been trying to put in passing lanes where they can and widen it in places it is possible to do so. It is really frustrating to get behind an 18 wheeler or big motorhome doing 20 MPH up through the mountains for mile after mile. I used to just pull off the road at the first place I could and look around for about a half hour to let them get far enough ahead that if I did catch up to them again it would be in the areas where they were able to make passing zones. Most of the highway is just wide enough for two vehicles to pass and it has really sharp curves with just one place to go if you mess up. Down the canyon wall and into the river.

Ron

CowtownCobra 01-25-2014 02:57 AM

RIP. I have to wonder how much experience the driver had.

patrickt 01-25-2014 01:32 PM

I remember this thread from ten years ago, when I was still only lurking....
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...cked-cars.html

And while none of us know for sure, a lot of us can easily guess how someone might "lose control" while passing a slow moving vehicle on a rural road. I don't think dual roll bars would have helped on this one -- although four or five point belts might have, instead of just the lap belt.

twin turbo 01-25-2014 02:31 PM

Actually, dual roll bars or full width roll bar in conjunction with 4/5 point harness could have possibly made all the difference.

RIP and my condolences to his family and friends.