Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Walt's Car in Kit Car Mag! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/10351-walts-car-kit-car-mag.html)

Stephen Rauch 08-16-2001 08:22 AM

Walt's Car in Kit Car Mag!

Earlier this year when I got my ERA Cobra and started getting together with the NW Cobra gang, I had heard of a legend called "Walt". The legend went that this "Walt" had always taked about his Cobra but for some reason was unable to produce it. Kept promising to materialize the car but to no eval - never produced. People were starting to wonder if it really existed.

Now I don't know the history here - but I do know that at the Triple XXX show in Issaquah earlier this year Walt did bring his Cobra and what a fine looking Cobra it is.

Well - Walt it seems went one step further and got his car in the Sept 2001 issue of Kit Car Magazine (http://www.kitcarmag.com). Got the mag yesterday, thumbing through it last night and there is a nice color two page article on "John's Custom Fabrication" featuring Walt's car.

Way to go Walt! Nice to see one of the NW'ers cars in a mag!

Zderf 08-16-2001 08:05 PM

HELP

Looked forever, but could not find Walt's deal. Darn!!!

TIPS???? :confused:
Zderf

Rich 08-16-2001 09:29 PM

Fred, they had to recall that issue. Walt wasn't happy with the way the sun was glinting off one of the knobs on his dashboard in one of the pictures. Walt's car will be in the next issue or the one after that or maybe the next...

Steve, how much did Walt pay you to say this?

Rich:3DSMILE:

Lincoln 08-17-2001 08:12 PM

Re: The drive to work!!

One thing has to be said. When I do drive it to work, the all know! Typical comment, "He must have driven the Cobra, at least he'll be smiling all day". Then, I get to drive it again, after work. Gives one something to look forward to, doesn't it?

Lincoln 08-17-2001 08:21 PM

Walt's car?

Now that you mention it, I met a guy, at Port Orchard, last week end, who said his name was Walt, and claimed that he had a JCF slabside. No car, mind you, but he was a likable fellow. Having met John Paulis of JCF and having seen his work, I would certainly appreciate, one of his cars, if I ever saw another. What edition of 'KIT CAR" was that??? I must have missed it also.:LOL:

Jerry2 08-18-2001 08:50 PM

Checked EVERY store in Salem, Hillsboro, etc...the September issue does not exist, October issue is already out.Walt...Do you know when your featured car will be released for the rest of the world to enjoy???
Jerry2

BMahaffy 08-18-2001 10:46 PM

Jerry2
I have the magazine if you want to drive to Sublimity for it. 769-1650

Walt Tomsic 08-19-2001 03:55 PM

Why am I always the last to know? John at JCF mentioned something about this months ago but I really didn't take it very seriously. What mag is it…Kit Car or Kit Car Illustrated?

Walt

Keith Vincent 08-20-2001 05:44 PM

What kind of a deal is it when the guy with the car in a magazine doesn't even know what magazine it is in. I mean is it really Wlat's car. Who has even seen the guy with a car... Could he be related to blackcobra....Maybe next he will be telling us it was an original that came out of his "barn" on Oregon... and next week he will have the serial numbers from his brother-in-law. If anybody car put this guy together with his car in person, please speak up. At the car show in Port Orchard he said he drove it, but it was parked "somewhere else"... Isn't it time to find out what is really going on.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Stephen Rauch 08-21-2001 10:25 AM

Walt - The article is in the Sept 2001 issue of Kit Car Magazine (http://www.kitcarmag.com). Two page article on "John's Custom Fabrication".

Jerry2 08-21-2001 01:29 PM

Walt:
True to form, a fellow Club Cobra member (thanks Ben) gave us his copy of Kit Car..Sept issue. We will make color copies and mail them to you, for your reading pleasure. Really Nice car Walt. It sounds like we have the same power plant.

Jerry2