Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   The Great 1000 mile Oregon Cobra Cruise (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/10637-great-1000-mile-oregon-cobra-cruise.html)

Walt Tomsic 08-29-2001 01:10 PM

The Great 1000 mile Oregon Cobra Cruise

Well, the big cruise to Eagle Crest has come and gone– 3 days and 1000 miles– and I can say without hesitation that it was the most fun I've had in a car since high school, if you get my drift. I realize most of what we experienced falls into the "ya had ta be there!" catagory but sufice to say, it was a non-stop blast from end to end. The route was fantastic, the Oregon group were just great people and made us feel right at home, the cars performed beautifully and the company was the best (in the form of Keith and Patti Vincent and Bish and his indescribably hilarious English [maybe some day future son-in-law] Adam).

I hope someone with a decent camera will post some pix for you. All we had were a couple of those turn-m-in plastic underwater jobs that SeaDoo gave us with our jet boat about 5 years ago…"ah they'll work just fine honey!"

A lasting memory that I will take to my grave is blasting along at 80+ mph, in a Cobra, in 100 degree heat, through country that looked for all the world like Rt 66/No. Arizona (btwn the Columbia and Yakima on hwy 97), my wife grinning from ear to ear and in the company of some very fun loving good friends.

It just gets no better! We gotta do this again next summer people.

Walt

PS: be sure ask Keith to arrange one of his famous 'closed winery tours' for you sometime.

Bish Wheeler 08-29-2001 08:14 PM

1000 miles in the sun

Let me tell ya folks, the dudes down there in Oreegone know how to put on a "Run". Even had a catered lunch in Sweet Home.

Walt actually got his car to run (tossed the Holley injection) and Keith Vincent led us on the the most fantastic "Closed Winery Cruise". Think of the fun we had sitting in 100 deg shade as Keith banged on doors and placed calls to answering machines, unable to understand why at 5:30 on Sunday Night, no one was around!

Did the Chinook Pass re-entry back into the West side. I have never been up that route before. It was AMAZING. As you come around the corner at the pass.....Boom! there sits Mt. Rainier right on the hood scoop. Then the long downhill run through the park into Puyallup.

A great weekend, discovered that Tomsic is insane, never ask Keith a question unless you really, REALLY want the answer and when Adam sets his hair on fire it is only a joke.

Denise, you have my sympathy.

Bish:D

Keith Vincent 08-29-2001 09:07 PM

listen, I resemble that last remark.
That winery make some very fine wine, and if i did not have to drag your sorry a$$es up and over every hill we would have been there earlier. No one should every go any place with Bish Wheeler. All of us spent an otherwise enjoyable weekend PUSHING his car to start. All the while hearing all the complaining about his charging system. (wire loose) And, good Lord, following Walt Tomsic aroung Eastern Oregon is like following Mother Teresa in an orphange. No one goes very fast. No chance of a speeding ticket following 'Grandpa Walt'. For having a car that goes like a scalded cat, man we would have been there earlier pushing Bish's car down the highway...

But, WOW, what fun the guys from Oregon put on a great time. Anyone and everyone should have an experience like this one to see why we are driving these cars, and enjoying the people. Thanks, looking forward to next year already.
Keith

Hey Walt, learn to shift into forth or fifth, ok?
Bish, next year bring a real girl!!:D :D :D

Walt Tomsic 08-30-2001 08:51 AM

Keith,

It's a little known fact that Mother Teresa was the convent sprint champion three years running. As for my road performance, I seem to recall arriving places at the same time as you (do the physics). While were on the subject, I don't recall seeing you in my rear view mirror from Whispering Jack Resort to the crest of Chinook Pass! And no, you were not ahead of me. What I do recall is visiting closed wineries and druming my fingers while waiting for to show up at retaurants and hotels. Bish can corroborate all of the above.

Yours, very respectfully, Quintin

Keith Vincent 08-30-2001 08:59 AM

ouch

Adam 08-30-2001 12:26 PM

Thank you to the Oregon folks for such a great run. I have found myself wishing my MGA would turn into a slabside much to my wifes chargrin (we just bought it)
Thank you to Bish for putting up with the endless harrasement from me and being stupid enough to let a 13 yr old 33yr old actualy drive it. Boy it goes fast!! Not 765 cu inches fast but fast enough.
As for keith, Just ignore them keith. Every one is jealous of your faboulous ability to recall what seemed like an infinite amount of minutia when telling a story. I for one enjoyed every last word ( untill I drifted off to sleep)I dont care what the others say I think your a nice guy!!Keep quilting Patti.
Wilt and Denise you are an inspiration. You never seemed to stop talking to each other as we all roared, sorry whispered, through the country side. You looked like young lovers out on a first date! I Look forward to further harrasment from you both.
What a great weekend, thanks to you all for making the wipper snapper welcome.
I have to go now I think my hair is burning.....