Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobra corral at the Pacific NW Historics July 1-3 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/109435-cobra-corral-pacific-nw-historics-july-1-3-a.html)

UrQ 03-02-2011 09:10 AM

Cobra corral at the Pacific NW Historics July 1-3

I have been in touch with the folks that handle the car corral @ the Pacific NW Historics. So I'm trying to judge how many people/cars are interested to see if we have enough.

Brent Mills 03-02-2011 11:16 AM

Plan to be there! Usually have more than enough interest.

UrQ 03-02-2011 01:14 PM

Great, there is going to be a meeting that I'm going to attend on behalf of the NW Cobras as in general they had some compalints (not directed at us) on close calls on the track durring the lunch time laps. I will find out all the specifics on getting te NW Cobra club a corral spot and all the logistics.

Update: the prices are the same as last year, the feature car this year is jaguar, they haven't confirmed the celebrity will most likely be in the next two weeks so should know when they have the meeting to go over the rules

dblbarrel 03-02-2011 07:12 PM

The best event in the NW, I plan on attending.

Brent Mills 03-02-2011 07:12 PM

They have been upset with our group in the past, but I think last year worked out well. Just don't bring it up. :)

Last year I know there was a really close call with a couple of GT40's....This is the place that I locked up in ~2005 as we came around that last corner and onto the straght everything was stacked up. You might suggest that a flagger or something needs to be on that corner with a yellow flag!

FOMOCONUT 03-02-2011 08:28 PM

The Wife and I would be up for it. Jerry SPF 2773

all motor 03-02-2011 08:39 PM

I've never been but my 'research' says saturday is the most popular day? soooo, is it the parade lap when (traction) issues appear? and what exactly is a cobra parade lap- Yea-I wanna go too!

Bob

UrQ 03-02-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all motor (Post 1113308)
I've never been but my 'research' says saturday is the most popular day? soooo, is it the parade lap when (traction) issues appear? and what exactly is a cobra parade lap- Yea-I wanna go too!

Bob

Yes the issues happen durring the parade lap, the parade lap(s) is when the car corral clubs get to do 1 to 2 laps around the track under a pace car (speed limited), so you get cars that hold back and then accerate this can cause different problems, not paying attention how fast you can come up on a car, couple or corners (turn 9) is somewhat blind (as you can see from the video). So the course marshals were upset and they mentioned it to sovren and it has been taken into consideration of not having parade laps or less cars on the track to try to control the car corral participants.

WardL 03-02-2011 09:54 PM

It is a fun day and I hope to be there again on Saturday too.

Jake 03-03-2011 06:09 AM

I would love to come up on Sat. for the event. The parade lap is not a big deal and could take it or leave it.

Jake

Brent Mills 03-03-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 1113388)
I would love to come up on Sat. for the event. The parade lap is not a big deal and could take it or leave it.

Jake

After what you did in Reno a few years back, a parade lap seems a little tame! :eek:

Steve Cassani 03-03-2011 11:10 AM

Is a former Cobra owner welcome to the corral? The 350Z would look out of place...

caropepe 03-03-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

...not directed at us
That's a new one!

Joe

HighPlainsDrifter 03-20-2011 12:23 PM

Saturday

Hi,
I would like to come in on Saturday, if there is anybody else from the North going maybe we could meet and cruise there together.
Perry.;)

ReMorton 04-17-2011 08:49 PM

I'll plan on Saturday. First outing with the club, looking forward to meeting you all!
Bob Morton SPO2089

Hammer65 04-20-2011 12:53 AM

Having never been to one, would towing my Cobra in a trailer behind an RV work? Could we then hang out or tailgate there?

Jake 04-20-2011 07:02 AM

There should not be a problem with you towing your car down if you plan on spending the night. As for tailgating, we usually have a camp right by the cars so we can keep an eye on them and not have to drag the chairs/coolers a long distance. The RV section is a long way from the car corral.

Jake

UrQ 04-20-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer65 (Post 1123903)
Having never been to one, would towing my Cobra in a trailer behind an RV work? Could we then hang out or tailgate there?

There will be no room @ the corral for a trailer, so you will have to leave that someplace before comming to the track. They are only allowing trailers for the SOVREN race cars.

Also here is a link to the ticket information to secure your spot Link to ticket information, due date 5/31/2011.