Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Any Pacific Northwest owners willing to show a future owner their ride?

Hello all, this is my first post, though I've been lurking for some time. Very valuable resource and good people here!

I've been thinking about a Superformance Cobra for years and am getting closer to making that a reality. My wife isn't a fan of car lots and I'm looking for a way that she could familiarize herself with the car and meet someone we could spend a few minutes talking with about their ownership experience. I've visited Park Place LTD in Bellevue WA a few times and know them well as I've picked up a couple of fun cars from them in the past. But I'm hoping I could meet up with a local Cobra owner to hear first hand about their experiences, what to look for, and potentially help get my wife on board.

I live in Snoqualmie WA and work in Redmond WA but am willing to drive wherever it takes. Thank you in advance for considering.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

You are welcome to visit me.

I didn't think my wife would like the Cobra all that much, but I can hardly pry her butt out of it. She might me a great person for your wife to talk to.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks John, PM sent.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default SPF Cobra in Bellevue

SnkByte:

I have SPF 2985 sitting in its garage until this sunday, when it heads South for warmer weather! I would be glad to show it to you and your wife and answer your questions. Let me know if you are interested, and how to contact you.

Stephen
Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Neutral     

My Cobra is a Factory Five and you're welcome to check it out also.
By the way, there will be many Cobras at the Salish Lodge at 10:00 AM on June 10th. They're heading to Sun Mountain Lodge. That would be a great opportunity to chat with several Cobra drivers. (2011 Run to the Sun (4th annual!)). I bet you they'd even let you buy breakfast. Also, Jake has a SuperPerformance for sale (My Superformance Cobra For Sale).

Bruce
Old 04-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Cool The MOST IMPORTANT THING IS.....

Hi,
You and your wife need to wear long pants, jeans. About 1/3 of all cobra drivers and riders BURN their LEGS just above ankle ( 3rd degree burn !) getting in or out of the cobra.
Keep the rubber side down,
Perry.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You're welcome to spend as much time as you want with our SPF here on Bainbridge Island. Be glad to answer any questions you have. By the way, the car is for sale if you are interested.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default There is hope...

My wife wouldn't go look at a cobra with me this week ( thank you for the offers guys) cause she thought they were ugly and for mullet wearing guys of the 80s! I was like, are you kidding?! I pulled up a picture of the cobra and asked her how she thought that this car could be ugly. She turned red and admitted this isn't what she thought I'd been talking about for the last year. She thought I was talking about the new mustangs with the stripes down the car, she's never liked mustangs. Her comment was, OH, those are cool. So there is hope!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

" ...when women or cattle get restless...there is trouble brewing...."
Old 04-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

By all means get your wife involved or at least interested if at all possible. Makes things so much easier and peaceful down the road when you "really need" that special tool, part or accessory or you spend six days and nights in the garage "doing stuff to the car".
My wife's repeated comment is how friendly everyone is in the Cobra Community. She doesn't make a lot of the local hops with me but there are several excursions during the year that she comes along on. I do a fair number of runs during the season that are a ways away from the northwest. Lake Tahoe, and Colorado most notably. For these I trailer the car out and she flies over and I pick her up at the airport. Keeps her from being bored to tears for one to three days while I'm head down pushing through, even for me, the boring parts of getting there.
Best of luck on your search for a car. When everything is finally factored in it's one he!! of an experience.
DonC
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

You are welcome to come down to P-town and look at my Superformance. It was purchased new from Parkplace Motors and I believe it to be the best priced SPF in the country. PM me for my number or check the ad that Bruce linked.

Jake
Old 04-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If you're set on a Superformance, you can't do better than the one Jake has for sale. It's VERY nice.

Jim
Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, MKIII, Carbed 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

I don't have an SPF, but you're probably less than 15 minutes from me. If ya go through Fall City to Redmond, you pass a couple hundred feet from my garage.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

If you get to the Tacoma area, your more than welcome to come check out my West Coast.

Ray

253 218 9770