Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

Looks like we will have a huge turnout this year! I can tell you that in the 14 years I have been doing club trips this will be my largest group for an overnight trip. The total as of today is 17 cars. The following people have registered for rooms:

Stephen and Judy C
Jake and Kim G
Scott and Debbie M
Tim M
Bruce S
Terry H
Andrew E
Nick D
Stephen N
Kevin E
Harry B
David W.
Brent and Sherrie M
Wayne K
Jay H
Jason N
Dave N

I will have more details as we get closer.
BruceSnyder likes this.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Mk4 302 carbed
Not Ranked     

I wont be making the trip to Whistler this year, however I will meet up with the group in Lynnwood, WA for the ride up to Ferndale.

So add one more Cobra to the list for at least part of the trip

Plus, Rick Miller up in Ferndale will most likely join us at the Pilot station in his Cobra (he lives in Ferndale) so we could have quite a group at the gas station!

Jeff & Tracy
Snohomish, WA
Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684. 428FE bored and stroked to a 450.
Not Ranked     

I have been a member of this group for a couple months now, but became an official NW Club Cobra family member this weekend: bought a beautiful ERA Cobra this last Friday from a gentlemen I met through this forum. Purchase has been in the works for a few months now, couldn't be happier - and I think the seller is happy that his Cobra went to a good home.

I unfortunately can't make the trip to Whistler; however, I can potentially make the trip from Lynnwood up to Ferndale. Would love to see the other cars, and meet some fellow NW Cobra owners. May I ask for some details on the Lynnwood, WA meeting place and time - and location in Ferndale everyone is headed to? I'll see if I can make it.

Brian O.
Woodinville, WA
Old 02-23-2017, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

Congrats Brian on the new baby!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

That's awesome on the new car Brian! I will get times and locations listed here in the coming weeks. Tentative will be Lakewood start, Lynnewood, then Ferndale Pilot. Then proceed to Whistler.

Jake

Last edited by Jake; 02-24-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Old 02-24-2017, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have updated the original post on page one of this thread with the start time of 8:30 am from the Lakewood park and ride. Then meeting at the McDonald's exit 181 from North I-5, Then Ferndale Pilot station exit 262 for fuel and rehab. Then north to Whistler with a possible bathroom stop in Squamish BC.

Jake
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

I too am hoping to just join in the drive from Lynnwood up to Ferndale too.

Roy
Old 02-28-2017, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO2089, Ford Crate 393 475 Hp
Not Ranked     

Hey Jake:
Thanks for taking the lead on this again.
We'll just be back from a month in France thus travel budget is shot, so we won't be overnighting.
But, as always, looking forward to the drive up and seeing the gang.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is my pleasure. Looking forward to catching up.

Jake
Old 04-04-2017, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     

David and Don & Bev from Edmonton Alberta will be joining the group as well. Looking forward to meeting up with our Canadian Brothers and Sisters.

Bruce
Old 04-09-2017, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stephen and Kelly from Portland OR will be joining the group in their Superformance Daytona coupe.

Bruce
Old 05-20-2017, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk III, 4.6L DOHC 32V
Not Ranked     
Default Hotel is full

We have a couple more from the Cascade Cobra Club (Portland) that would like to join, and the Hotel is now fully reserved for the weekend. So, if anyone needs to cancel on their reservation, please contact us first, and one of our Cobra group will take your reservation.
Thanks,
Terry Hagberg
360-953-1570
Old 06-01-2017, 04:21 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

May Be you guys can plan a stop in vancouver so us local guys can join the cruise ?
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by th2244 View Post
We have a couple more from the Cascade Cobra Club (Portland) that would like to join, and the Hotel is now fully reserved for the weekend. So, if anyone needs to cancel on their reservation, please contact us first, and one of our Cobra group will take your reservation.
Thanks,
Terry Hagberg
360-953-1570
That may be a possibility. I will call Scott M. He booked two rooms and only needs one. You may luck out 😉.

Jake
Old 06-04-2017, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixy1018 View Post
May Be you guys can plan a stop in vancouver so us local guys can join the cruise ?
We tried this the last time and it didn't work out very well. We could not find the meet location. Tough to keep an exact time schedule when traveling with such a large group. I can post when we are clear the border crossing and you guys could time it from there? I am open to other thoughts.

Jake
Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO2089, Ford Crate 393 475 Hp
Not Ranked     

Jake:
I'd like to propose for consideration a small tweak in the route to the border from the Pilot station in Ferndale. Last time it was up I-5 to the truck crossing, then through traffic to Hwy 1.
Instead of getting back on I-5, we would turn left out of the lot onto Main St. Head due east about 3-4 miles and follow the road to 'Guide Meridian' Route 539. Turn left on Guide Meridian and Head north through Lynden to the Lynden/Aldergrove border crossing. Take 13 north to the TransCanada Hwy 1. There's only two signals from the Pilot station to the border.
-Its a shorter run from the US border to Canada Hwy 1 with only two signals, so it will be easier to keep the group bunched together, less traffic and less time to Hwy 1;
- its rural through berry farms from the Pilot station to the border, usually less traffic
- Lynden/Aldergrove has less cars going through it and a lot of parking area to collect the cars
- more scenic than up I-5 to the truck crossing.
- I think it will take less time to get to Hwy 1 and might shorten the overall drive time.
I go this way to BC all the time. Might be worth considering.
Bob
Old 06-10-2017, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm good with that Bob.

Thanks, Jake
Old 07-09-2017, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk III, 4.6L DOHC 32V
Not Ranked     
Smile

We have three Cobras and one Daytona coming from the Portland area on Thurs, to meet with your group at 8:30AM Friday for departure. Any last minute notices or words of wisdom ??
Terry Hagberg
Old 07-10-2017, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are now just a few days out from the run. Updated trip info-

South folks please plan on arriving at the STW McDonald's/ Park and Ride (Lakewood)by 8am fueled up and ready. We will depart the McDonald's at 8:30 am sharp after a quick drivers meeting and start for the north group (time depending on traffic) at the McDonalds (19808 44th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98037, take exit 181A from I-5 North). We will continue north to Ferndale and Fuel/rehab at the Pilot station exit 262. Then continue on towards Whistler via the guide meridian route.

Any questions please give me a call 253-208-0905
Old 07-10-2017, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Lakewood McDonald's Address if 10417 Pacific Hwy SW, Tacoma, WA 98444.