Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   SPF Wipers (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/87259-spf-wipers.html)

FOMOCONUT 04-27-2008 09:53 PM

SPF Wipers

The wipers on my car #2773 do not have any splines on the wiper arms,just on the post ,they want to pop off.Anybody have a fix ?

Steve Bisson 04-28-2008 09:53 AM

Wipers! We don't need no stinken wipers.%/

Would it be possible to drill a small hole through the wiper arms and posts then secure with a roll pin?

Bill Wells 04-28-2008 10:14 AM

SPF has had several iterations of wipers used over the years , mine for 156 are from a MG Midget . Call your SPF dealer and get his insight as you have a very late serial and this might be yet another wiper blade/arm change on made by them. If so, yours might be unfamiliar to many SPF owners .If it was a change made some time ago, then others might help - but your dealer, or Hillbank/SPF in Calif- should be your first call . Bill

FOMOCONUT 04-28-2008 01:25 PM

Thanks Steve, Roll pin could work.

FOMOCONUT 04-28-2008 01:28 PM

Bill , Do you MG arms have internal splines? Jerry

Bill Wells 04-28-2008 01:49 PM

Yep, they do . Bill

FOMOCONUT 04-28-2008 02:08 PM

Thanks Bill, I did called Hillbank but got no response.I'll start looking for some MG arms. Getting anything out of these SPF guys is real tough. Jerry

Got the Bug 04-28-2008 03:33 PM

FOMOCONUT - Did you report the problem to the dealer that you bought the car from (if other than Hillbank)? A replacement or fix should be covered under warranty for 1 year. My SPF dealer (Dynamic) provided me with a couple of minor parts during the warranty period no questions asked.

Lowell W 04-28-2008 04:09 PM

Jerry,

Bill and Doug are right: If your car is less than a year old, this should be the dealer's problem, not yours. Don't start screwing around and drilling holes if if your car is still under warranty.

There will be plenty of time for you to "improve" stuff after the waranty expires, if you know what you're doing.

Lowell