Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Ohio Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ohio-cobra-club/)
-   -   Ohio Cobra Club Picnic (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ohio-cobra-club/71765-ohio-cobra-club-picnic.html)

wadesdad 08-06-2006 02:51 PM

Ohio Cobra Club Picnic

This year's late summer picnic will likely be the second or third weekend of September. We will have a new location -in the Cleveland Metroparks. We should be able to cover the hot dogs and burgers. As we pin down a date, I would ask you to e-mail me with what you would like to provide for the fixins. Details to follow. -Steve wadesdad@hotmail.com

rdorman 08-07-2006 08:09 AM

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

As soon as you pin down the date/details, let me know and I will tell the whole group.:)

Mike Braatz 08-09-2006 06:21 PM

Steve -- thank's for doing this ---- it would be fun getting everyone together again -- Steve you know I'm an excellent cook -- so I can bring some watermellon -- If you need help yell --
Mike

wadesdad 08-21-2006 09:15 PM

Date for the Annual Picnic

I would like to propose September 23rd as the date for the picnic with a rain date of September 24th. Exact location in the Cleveland Metroparks to be determined.

Let's plan on noon to give members from the south some time to reach the frosty north.

Dan and I can handle the charred animal flesh. Please e-mail me or reply here with what you'd be willing to provide.

wadesdad@hotmail.com

-Steve

wadesdad 08-29-2006 07:04 PM

Details at last! OCC Picnic

Annual Ohio Cobra Club Picnic
September 23rd (rain date the 24th)
Noon – whenever
Bonnie Park –Mill Stream Run Reservation, Cleveland Metroparks

Bonnie Park offers a large open pavilion with electricity, picnic tables, grills, ball field, fishing area, hiking trail access, restrooms, close line-of site parking, & public telephone

Please bring a side dish or dessert (your choice)

We have burgers, hotdogs, condiments and ice covered.

We could use help with the following:

Munchies (chips, cookies, pretzels etc.)

Cold beverages (Adult variety not allowed in the park –but on the agenda for afterward)

Paper plates, forks, knives, cups, napkins

Charcoal & Lighter Fluid

& anything else you think might be important

RSVP with what you’d like to bring to Steve at wadesdad@hotmail.com

The park speed limit is 30 MPH or less as marked and strictly enforced.

I-71… FROM THE SOUTH

exit at Rt. 82 (Royalton Rd.) turn right (east) on Rt. 82
Mill Stream Run Reservation entrance is 1 mile, turn left (north) on Valley Parkway proceed about 2.5 miles
Bonnie Park is to your left at the STOP sign at the corner or Albion & Valley Parkway

I-71… FROM THE NORTH

exit at Rt. 42 (Pearl Rd.) turn right (south) on Rt. 42
In about 1 ½ miles, at the bottom of the hill you will see signs for Mill Stream Run Reservation.
Mill Stream Run Reservation is the first traffic light past Exit 10 of the Turnpike turn Left on Valley Parkway
Bonnie park is to your right at the STOP sign at the corner or Albion & Valley Parkway

TURNPIKE…. EXIT 10

take Rt. 42 (Pearl Rd.) south (left) to Valley Parkway / Mill Stream Run Reservation (see I-71 FROM THE NORTH directions)

For those of you that want to find it on your own use the link below or on your favorite map site type in: Albion Rd & Valley Pky Strongsville, OH 44136

MAP LINK

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=44136

Anyone trailering will need to unload before entering the Metroparks. Call/contact Steve for details- I suggest the local Wal-Mart.

Contact Steve if you are lost, wonder if there is a monsoon near Cleveland, or have any questions

rdorman 08-30-2006 06:05 AM

I will pass the word!:3DSMILE:

Dan Stryffeler 09-22-2006 05:18 AM

Are we on for tomorrow, or are we taking the rain date for Sunday?

- Dan

wadesdad 09-22-2006 05:15 PM

Weather looking dismal this weekend. PARK EVENT CANCELLED. Instead, we'll be meeting at 11 AM on Saturday with our daily drivers at the Crawford Auto Museum

http://www.wrhs.org/crawford/default.asp

We'll hit a local watering hole afterward for lunch.

We will try to plan something with the cars as weather permits before it gets too cold.