Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Oklahoma Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/oklahoma-cobras/)
-   -   Mechanic and instrument questions (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/oklahoma-cobras/144140-mechanic-instrument-questions.html)

cmeade 10-13-2020 07:17 AM

Mechanic and instrument questions

Tulsa owner of Superformance Cobra for a year and a half. Looking for recommendation of a mechanic in the area. Also, several of my Smith instruments are not working. Which brand is best and who in the area can install?
Thanks,
Chip

Grubby 10-15-2020 04:38 PM

Nisonger sells and services Smiths gauges. They are OEM in 427 Cobras so many people use them for that reason.

Nisonger Instruments :: the exclusive Smiths U.S. Warranty & Service Center since 1949

John

Blas 10-17-2020 11:35 AM

Hello Chip,
And congrats on the purchase. When you say several of your instruments are not working can you be more specific? I bet it is both the temperature gauges And the fuel gauge. If they are original, I would suggest that the ether lines to the engine compartment have been damaged by a spark or something. They can be repaired but it’s better to just replace them. The cost is about the same.,There are electronic versions of the Smiths gauges available but I’m not sure the internal lighting will look the same. Fuel gauge might just be the wiring or connectors at the tank. Send me an email and I’ll give you my contact number. Easier to talk than type.
Blas

cmeade 10-18-2020 07:02 AM

Thank you, John, for your recoomendation.

Mrhyne51 10-26-2020 12:53 PM

Hello Chip,
I live in Tulsa too and I’ve had a Superformance for a little over a year. I don’t have a recommendation but I have met another local cobra owner who is having a new engine and transmission installed. I will contact him and let you know his recommendation.
Mitch

cmeade 10-29-2020 04:28 PM

Thank you, Blas, for your input. And congrats, Mitch, on your purchase. I was recently told by a former Cobra Owner that Rennsport here in Tulsa services Cobras. I haven't followed up yet but will let you know.

Mrhyne51 11-06-2020 06:47 PM

Chip, I’ve tried to PM you without results. Could you PM me?
Thanks

ajump5228 01-03-2022 11:54 AM

Did anyone ever come up with a mechanic recommendation for the Tulsa area? I would definitely be interested in that information also. Thanks.