Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Originality Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/)
-   -   Chapman Leveroll Sliders (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/141262-chapman-leveroll-sliders.html)

Cobra #3170 07-30-2018 12:56 PM

Works of art!

rodneym 07-30-2018 03:42 PM

Bravo!
Those should make some people happy.

eschaider 07-31-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armrer (Post 1448916)
Thanks, guys. I did a small run of these, so they will go fast. First come, first served. Knobs are included, but I won’t sell them separately.. I have just enough for the tracks themselves. Every detail of the original Leverolls are captured.. slight misalignment of spot welded brackets, Leveroll ID stamping, Aerotight lock nuts, etc., etc. I will respond to you later today.

Thanks for the post, Larry!

Jeff, did you get my PM?

Ed

1985 CCX 08-01-2018 03:08 AM

I’ll take a pair.
Worked out after all.

rsk289 08-01-2018 11:15 AM

PM sent, Jeff!

Roger

LMH 08-01-2018 09:12 PM

Hey guys, one thing I did want to point out is these are not the knobs currently for sale on eBay. These are accurate reproductions in every way with the correct base radius, top facets and all correct angles. Once you compare at the two, you'll see what I mean.
Larry

MAStuart 08-02-2018 09:38 AM

Larry the knobs and the lever on the new made tracks look different in the pictures you posted . The knob looks longer and the lever looks to be a smaller dia and doesn't look to have a step down to where the thread starts. I also see other differences.

LMH 08-02-2018 10:04 AM

I see what you’re saying about the knobs but it’s the photograph that’s making it look like that. I held a new knob and and an original knob in my hand and compared the two side by side. They’re the same except for wear on the facets of the original knob. I have the master used for the casting, machined from a technical drawing.
Larry

Armrer 08-02-2018 02:54 PM

MA Stuart,

Mmm, levers/ Knobs are identical in all dimensions to Original Equipment. I think the iPhone pics are a little stretched in the distance. I sent Larry closeup pics of new shaft and old for comparison, I’m sure he will post later-

MAStuart 08-02-2018 03:11 PM

Hey guys don't get me wrong they look very good. I
was just saying in the pictures Larry posted the levers and knobs looked longer

Armrer 08-02-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAStuart (Post 1449054)
Hey guys don't get me wrong they look very good. I
was just saying in the pictures Larry posted the levers and knobs looked longer

No worries :) That's a valid point, and the close up pix will show the initial pic was distorted. All good-

LMH 08-02-2018 04:27 PM

I’ll post them this evening when I get home. I should have taken pics of the old and new knobs side by side but I don’t think I did. I’ll check though.
Larry

LMH 08-02-2018 07:55 PM

Here's the two levers, original and reproduction. Same diameter as original and machined step in threaded portion.

Larry

https://s20.postimg.cc/eau71dz19/Original_Lever.jpg

https://s20.postimg.cc/jz0hsdqjx/Rep_Lever.jpg

LMH 08-09-2018 08:39 AM

I’ve had a couple inquiries about the finish on the tracks. So FYI, they’re plated, not painted.
Larry

1985 CCX 08-09-2018 10:35 AM

Check's in the mail :cool:

Andheeezonit 08-09-2018 10:37 AM

Beautiful, cost and availability please. Just when I thought that I was almost done!

rsk289 08-09-2018 10:41 AM

Looking forward to these, thanks Jeff.
One question though - does anyone know how these fix to the chassis? I know the mounting holes should line up with the 'U' section outrigger supports under the ali floor pans, two each side. But when I've tried to fit originals before the inner mount positions are impossible to access due to the main chassis tube position (chassis's a Kirkham - same dimensions as original AC). Is there a trick to this - am I missing something?
Jeff, do the new ones come with threaded studs for mounting to the floor, or do we need to use machine screws?

AndrewB 08-09-2018 10:47 AM

Check went out yesterday -- really looking forward to these! Jeff, great talking to you the other day. Thanks again to both you and Larry!

ALF 08-09-2018 11:22 AM

Unfortunately I did not get the details as requested on my PM.
Could you please tell us the price for a set?
Thanks

ALF 08-09-2018 11:25 AM

double post