Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Originality Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/)
-   -   Serck Radiator Tag Questions (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/141389-serck-radiator-tag-questions.html)

Mongoose930 09-01-2018 06:31 AM

Serck Radiator Tag Questions

Craig will be adding my brass Serck London radiator tag to my radiator next week and I have a couple of questions. On some marques, the radiator tag had numbers stamped on them. Did the original Cobras have numbers stamped on them? Also, I am assuming the tag was added to the radiator before the black finish was applied. I am trying to confirm that the tag should be black and not brass.

1985 CCX 09-02-2018 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Richards old car CSX3018
Is in great hands living in CA

cobrakiwi 09-02-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1450477)
Richards old car CSX3018
Is in great hands living in CA

Thanks Jeff, great picture.
Do you know what the stamped numbers represent?
build date? batch number? other?

Thanks much.

1985 CCX 09-03-2018 10:43 AM

That part I do not know....
I am looking for my 3020 tag pic to compare 18 and 20
Of course the radiators were probably changed over time.
Fun to compare

Jim Maxwell 09-03-2018 01:03 PM

The tag should be painted black like the rest of the radiator, confirmed by my pics of 3346. The numbers on that tag are L8972 and a large 9, best I can tell.
3240’s tag is also painted black with large 84 and xx465 for the. Smaller numbers. I can’t read the first two on the photo I have.

1985 CCX 09-03-2018 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CSX3020 thanks George
Jim is also correct, guessing the numbering system was a little random. Dunno

Mongoose930 09-04-2018 04:52 AM

Thank you Jim & Jeff - This is exactly what I was looking for.

Very much appreciated.

A98Coupe 09-04-2018 04:54 AM

Does anyone know where you can buy new Serck radiator tags? I'd like to add one to my Kirkham cobra.