Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Originality Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/)
-   -   My 69 Shelby GT350 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/originality-forum/143685-my-69-shelby-gt350.html)

HUBBELL RACING 06-01-2020 06:05 PM

My 69 Shelby GT350

1 Attachment(s)
Not a Cobra but a real Shelby. She is mostly stock, engine, interior, exterior all original.
I added BAER brakes on front, EIBACH shocks, sway bar, & springs lowered her 1.5”. T5 6 speed trans. Also added new speakers, amp, Bluetooth.
I love her looks w 18” Halibrands w modern MICHELINs

mrmustang 06-01-2020 11:32 PM

To each his own, and it's your car, your money, but I prefer the stock wheels as the oversized ones give your car more of a "cartoonish" look.

Alfa02 06-02-2020 05:01 AM

I too agree Bill, "cartoonish" but "His money, his car". Even the newer cars look that way HUGE wheels, and rubber-band for tires. Mine will always be as God & ol'Shel. intended 15" Cheers TommyRot.

bobcowan 06-02-2020 06:41 AM

I love it. The '69 is my favorite of all the Shelby Mustangs. And that's my favorite color, too. :)

HUBBELL RACING 06-02-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcowan (Post 1477711)
I love it. The '69 is my favorite of all the Shelby Mustangs. And that's my favorite color, too. :)

rsk289 06-02-2020 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's very pretty - but I have to agree about the wheels. I stuck with full profile on my '68 (non-Shelby), which is a pretty rare car here in the UK.

86Sebring 06-02-2020 04:54 PM

That is a lovely color on the 68, "thumbs up"

xb-60 06-02-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsk289 (Post 1477749)
It's very pretty - but I have to agree about the wheels. I stuck with full profile on my '68 (non-Shelby), which is a pretty rare car here in the UK.

Nice. Very nice. I can't think how you could improve on that for that particular car.

Cheers!
Glen

rsk289 06-03-2020 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, chaps - it had never been painted when I bought it, so I 'renewed' the Royal Maroon, Ford code 'B'. The C-stripe should be white really, but I preferred black.

See below for the 'as bought' state. The lump of wood under the rear is holding the body off the ground, the frame rails had rotted right through. Still, she's been flying the Stars and Stripes all over Europe for 45,000 miles since this photo.

Oops, sorry to hijack.

RB60 06-03-2020 02:12 AM

Both cars are very nice. I have to agree about the oversized wheels.
I just can't see putting 20" wheels on a car that's lowered less than
an inch off the ground hiding 3/4 of the wheel in the fender. JMHO.

xb-60 06-03-2020 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsk289 (Post 1477781)
Thanks, chaps - it had never been painted when I bought it, so I 'renewed' the Royal Maroon, Ford code 'B'. The C-stripe should be white really, but I preferred black.

See below for the 'as bought' state. The lump of wood under the rear is holding the body off the ground, the frame rails had rotted right through. Still, she's been flying the Stars and Stripes all over Europe for 45,000 miles since this photo.

Oops, sorry to hijack.

Roger, looks like it would not have been much better protected in one of those "garages" :D

To the OP, Mr. Hubbell....apologies, we do tend to go sideways with our discussions sometimes. You'll become accustomed to us....

Cheers!
Glen

rsk289 06-03-2020 02:37 AM

Yes Glen, it's much safer now as it lives in the big, fully dehumidified one behind it in the first photo!

Roger

xb-60 06-03-2020 03:53 AM

Hmm, that would do the job quite adequately :)

Chicagowil 06-03-2020 05:56 AM

Glen, though several have responded to your wheel choice, the car is beautiful! Of the last of the original series Mustangs, that Mach 1 is a stunning design. Many miss that the styling cues were to invoke the later Ford GT 40 "J" model with its aerodynamics.

I purchased a power rack & pinion setup for my 67 Mustang coupe from a fellow several years ago that had the same year but was a Shelby convertible in dark green.

I also modified mine to have 2010 Mustang GT 4 wheel power disc brakes. That required 17" Bullit wheels to clear the brakes. Can't tell you what an improvement in steering and handling not to mention the better (actually-"its gonna stop) braking.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=18981 http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=18982

The owner of the Shelby had installed the R&P for more comfortable driving. Decided to convert it back when he wished to sell it. My point is that "bolt ons" can be switched out for those that need originality. But the wheels can always be switched back. Its your car & your choice

desgros@vtlink. 06-03-2020 11:38 AM

Hubbll Racing -

Nice looking Mustang! I especially like the 6 speed change over.
Enjoy!

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 SB BRG

HUBBELL RACING 06-03-2020 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
W her younger sister

1985 CCX 06-04-2020 06:39 AM

The Blue is a great color....

Hoodabest 08-14-2020 12:38 AM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful rides. I'd be curious to take a road trip with both cars, periodically switching off, sort of a "musketball run" that would make for a lifetime of discussion over the merits of each compared to the other. I'd like to hear about it.

fastd 08-14-2020 08:12 AM

I love those rims - vintage looks with modern rubber; looks great to me.