14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     
Default Real track day for Cobra in France

Real track day for Cobra in France
For the first time since a long time, a track day on a real track will be held for Cobra in France. It is on the circuit of Lurcy Levis, located near Nevers and it will gather Cobra fans who enjoy track. This is not a competition but the opportunity to use the Cobra as we like, on a real race track. One of the aims of this Circuit Day is to compare and test different types of Cobra replicas and even real Cobra.
It will be held on April 15th 2012.
The price is 150 Euros, reduced to 140 Euros for Cobra fans registered on the forum:
Cobra - Forum Cobra - GT40 - Shelby - Forum 427 Racing • Page d’index

N.B.: to read the thread concerning this track day, you just have to register on the site main page as a new user. The details of the track day will then become visible under the section: "Actualites et Rassemblements".

Last edited by BOURRET; 02-26-2012 at 12:46 AM..
Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

That sounds like a lot of fun Queenie! It will be interesting to see the test and comparison results for a variety of different Cobras. With all of the travel plans this year, I wish I could squeeze in a trip to France in April!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Not Ranked     

Here are some of the cars registered for the event:

E.R.A. 427
R.A.M. 427 D.D. COBRA 427
UniqueMotorCars 427
Cobra
Cheetah 383
Dax Tojeiro
SPF
Mustang
Cobra Unique
We think there also will be Pilgrim, Kirkham and Backdraft.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun Queenie! It will be interesting to see the test and comparison results for a variety of different Cobras. With all of the travel plans this year, I wish I could squeeze in a trip to France in April!
There also will be a professional driver pilot who will try the different cars (if owners agree) to explain what could be the improvements to the different models.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Hey Bourrret,

I would love to be there but I would have some issues crossing the pond with my trailer in tow. I wish you the best and for any of your mates on the fence about putting their cars on the track... just do it!

I guarantee you will have the time of your life and you will appreciate your Cobra and be a much better driver when you finish the day.

Good Luck

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Sounds fun, my Mother is from Stousbourg ,France how far is that from the race, I have lots of family that would love to attend. I woud love to see the cheetah 383.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
Hey Bourrret,

I would love to be there but I would have some issues crossing the pond with my trailer in tow. I wish you the best and for any of your mates on the fence about putting their cars on the track... just do it!

I guarantee you will have the time of your life and you will appreciate your Cobra and be a much better driver when you finish the day.

Good Luck

Clois Harlan
I already participated to track days in U.K. at Elvington and greatly enjoyed it.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Bourret, I knew you had had some track time but I was trying to encourage any of your locals that had never been on the track to give it a try

I hope I didn't offend you.

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
Bourret, I knew you had had some track time but I was trying to encourage any of your locals that had never been on the track to give it a try

I hope I didn't offend you.
Absolutely not offended, I know that I talked about my drag races but I was not sure I wrote about some race track I did. Of course, I try to convince all my colleagues owning a Cobra to go to this event but many of them prefer to show their car instead of using it on a track.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Sounds fun, my Mother is from Stousbourg ,France how far is that from the race, I have lots of family that would love to attend. I woud love to see the cheetah 383.
The distance from Strasbourg to Lurcy Levis is approx. 480 miles ( 6 hours drive)
Old 02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: currently Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOURRET View Post
There also will be a professional driver pilot who will try the different cars (if owners agree) to explain what could be the improvements to the different models.
mais oui, ces'tmoi donnez moi votre petite cobra si'l vous plait. je reviens tout suite
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
mais oui, ces'tmoi donnez moi votre petite cobra si'l vous plait. je reviens tout suite
I belong to the drivers who will not let the professional pilot drive mine!!!

Last edited by BOURRET; 02-23-2012 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Real track day for Cobra in France
It will be held on April 5th 2012.
Bourret meant to say, April 15th... this is going to be fun.

Pete, lets go! But seriously, I'm would like to go, but it will depend on the flights from Chicago to Paris.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance V8 Ford BB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avmaviator View Post
I'm would like to go, but it will depend on the flights from Chicago to Paris.
Hi Arnaud,

As you're supposed to transport your valuable and fragile items in the cabin, maybe you could try to carry on your Kirkham ?

Hope there'll be some flight you can grab ! Sounds like we'll have some fun, and I heard that the retired french professionnal driver who will be there, is one of the greatest.

Bob
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dreaming of a 427 Competition car...
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The distance from Strasbourg to Lurcy Levis is approx. 480 miles ( 6 hours drive)
That'd be an average of 80 miles per hour! Perhaps you mean 480 kilometres, which is a little over 300 miles.

EDIT - It's 561 km, apparently - 6 hours and 22 minutes, according to Google Maps.

What a great idea! A Cobra track day! I'd love to go along to that, even though I am but a Cobra wannabe at the moment. I have been Cobra-obsessed since the age of 15. I shall own a Cobra replica some day - and I do mean replica. As in a facsimile.

Have fun on track!

Paul

Last edited by CobraBoy; 02-24-2012 at 07:17 AM..
Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBoy View Post
That'd be an average of 80 miles per hour! Perhaps you mean 480 kilometres, which is a little over 300 miles.

EDIT - It's 561 km, apparently - 6 hours and 22 minutes, according to Google Maps.

What a great idea! A Cobra track day! I'd love to go along to that, even though I am but a Cobra wannabe at the moment. I have been Cobra-obsessed since the age of 15. I shall own a Cobra replica some day - and I do mean replica. As in a facsimile.

Have fun on track!

Paul
Sorry, I made a big mistake looking on paper maps but I do not where.
As pointed out by CobraBoy and according to Google Earth, the distance is 561km = 347miles and the time is usually 6hrs21 min.
But a Cobra should make an average of 80mph when the driver has an american licence and driving in France (just a little fine to pay and no US licence loss
Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avmaviator View Post
Bourret meant to say, April 15th... this is going to be fun.

Pete, lets go! But seriously, I'm would like to go, but it will depend on the flights from Chicago to Paris.
Right for the date: April 15th; I have been typing faster than my RT
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten Bob View Post
Hi Arnaud,

As you're supposed to transport your valuable and fragile items in the cabin, maybe you could try to carry on your Kirkham ?

Hope there'll be some flight you can grab ! Sounds like we'll have some fun, and I heard that the retired french professionnal driver who will be there, is one of the greatest.

Bob
I'll try to stuff the Kirkham in the overhead bins

I really hope the flights work out as I'm really looking forward to 1) meeting everybody, 2) go to France again, 3) hang out at a track day, and 3) ride in the new "Peugeot" (and 4 to meet and stay with you Bob, of course!)

Cobraboy, what's wrong with an average of 80 mph? Last summer I average 90mph on my motorcycle over a 300 miles distance (from Chicago suburbs to Road America track and back). I do, and don't, recommend it