Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Other Upcoming Events (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/other-upcoming-events/)
-   -   Cobra Day at The Cobra Experience - Martinez, CA (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/other-upcoming-events/143880-cobra-day-cobra-experience-martinez-ca.html)

Mark K 07-26-2020 11:07 AM

Cobra Day at The Cobra Experience - Martinez, CA

Hi, folks. Just a quick heads-up. I got an email from The Cobra Experience in Martinez. This year it looks like Cobra Day (August 1) will only be open to registrants. They're discouraging spectators - unlike years past, where you could still park in overflow and see the event.

- m

Alfa02 07-26-2020 09:19 PM

If any club member's go, could you please give the "Zoomer" Pete Lovely's car AKA the "Lovely" a pat on the nose. I have secretly been trying to buy it from Drew (A great guy that owns The Cobra Experience) A big thanks go out to my friends, Lynn Park, and Butch Dennison for trying to put the deal together :) But it look's like we're too far apart money wise, I would have to sell one of my Cobras, which is out of the question ;) Would love to have the "Zoomer" back in the PNW, where it belongs :) Cheers TommyRot

1985 CCX 07-27-2020 07:24 AM

Make sure to post pictures.....

twobjshelbys 07-27-2020 09:57 AM

Will it really happen with California's draconian virus rules?

moar_carbz 08-03-2020 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1480377)
If any club member's go, could you please give the "Zoomer" Pete Lovely's car AKA the "Lovely" a pat on the nose. I have secretly been trying to buy it from Drew (A great guy that owns The Cobra Experience) A big thanks go out to my friends, Lynn Park, and Butch Dennison for trying to put the deal together :) But it look's like we're too far apart money wise, I would have to sell one of my Cobras, which is out of the question ;) Would love to have the "Zoomer" back in the PNW, where it belongs :) Cheers TommyRot

Tommy, do you know of any photos of how the exhaust runs on that thing? Maybe next time I'm over there I'll ask to pull the ropes aside and get in there and take some photos and promise not to touch anything. It's never positioned well enough to get a good view of both sides of the motor.

Alfa02 08-03-2020 07:06 AM

@moar carbz Great questions ;) If you can't get pictures, but I bet you can (Drew a good guy) I can ask Butch Dennison (2nd. Owner) and see if he has any pictures. Another interesting fact, and the reason it's there. The "Zoomer" has only the second Ford 260 motor ever built, but before Pete Lovely every received that motor Shelby "Cobraizmed" it with Cobra parts. Pete didn't want to put just a normal V-8 in it, as he was going to build & sell them, as a high proformance car :) Cheers TommyRot.