17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-12-2004, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster-351C
Not Ranked     
Angry Body parts needed

In need of front-end for classic roadster ...also in need of hood . can repair my front with driverside fender replacement .CAR has fire damage,wiring too close to header.....THANKS!!!!!!

Last edited by RazeRage; 01-12-2004 at 07:40 AM..
Old 01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Smile YEH OK

WELL AFTER SEEING YOU STOP BY MY PLACE A COUPE OF TIMES I GUESS THAT YOU FINALLY ENDED UP WITH CHIP'S CAR AFTER THE FIRE.

THE DAMAGE TO THE CAR CANNOT BE FIXED WITH A SIMPLE QUARTER PANEL TYPE FIX LIKE MOST CARS. THE ENTIRE BODY WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED AS I TOLD YOU FROM THE START. ALSO IF YOU DO NOT REPLACE THE DRIVER SIDE DOOR YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS. ALSO THE FIREWALL NEEDS REPLACING, THE FOOT BOX HAS BEEN BURNED THROUGH, BACK SIDE OF THE DASH IS BURNED AS WELL AS IT'S SUPPORTS,,ALL SIDE INTERIOR FIBERGLASS IS GONE.

THIS IS NO FORD FESTIVA RESTORAL WITH PARTS YOU CAN GET FROM THE SALVAGE YARD. AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, CONTACT DON SCOTT ON THIS FORUM AND LET HIM TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED.

THE BRAKE SYSTEM WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED FRO THE FIREWALL FORWARD...THAT INCLUDES THE VACUUM ASSIST AND THE MASTER CYLENDER AS WEL AS THE CALIPERS ON THE FRONT.

LET'S PUT IT THIS WAY, ANYTHING FROM THE BULKHEAD BEHIND THE SEATS FORWARD IS GONE OR SHOULD BE REPLACED. THE CARB IS GONE DUE TO THE KN FILTER MELTING INTO THE THROATS. THE ENGINE SHOULD BE PULLED AND GONE THROUGH DUE TO THE FIRE CREW SPRAYING DOWN THE ENGINE.

THERE IS A LOT MORE. YOU KNOW WHERE MY PLACE IS, COME BY AND VISIT.

JAY

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 01-13-2004, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm unclear of which car or to whom you're thinking of.....NEVER talked with you.....NEVER been to your shop.....BUT,I'm quite capable of repairing this vehicle regardless of what it takes.....THANKS for your reply....... .
Old 01-14-2004, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy MISTAKEN

MY APOLOGIES IF I AM INCORRECT. I ASSUMED THAT THE CAR THAT YOU HAVE IS THE CANDY ORIENTAL BLUE CLASSIC WITH A 351 CLEVELAND THAT WAS STORED IN MY DRIVEWAY AFTER THE FIRE. THE OWNER WAS WAITING FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY TO SETTLE AND THEN HAVE THE CAR SENT TO SALVAGE. THE CAR HAD A GREY INTERIOR. SOME ONE STOPPED BY A COUPLE OF TIMES AND WANTED TO KNOW WHEN AND IF THE CAR WOULD BE SOLD AND SAID THEY WANTED TO BUY AND REPAIR IT. I ASSUMED THAT PERSON WAS YOU.

IF IT IS A DIFFERENT CAR PLEASE ADVISE AND I MAY BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU. IF IT IS THE SAME CAR. THE PREVIOUS POST STANDS.

HUMBLY

JAY

Old 01-14-2004, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cobra was at an auction...odd thing,two burned blue cobras in Dallas...different times...bought both...blue contempoary-502 chevy(sold) blue classic roadster-351 C ...Same car ? Prev. owner Alfred Mello...titled as 97 mustang.....If it is the same car,I'd be grateful for any info you my have on the car....THANKS for your help & your reply (Good news or Bad news) never seen car before auction ....I buy damaged parts cars&harleys, in Texas area...(can locate donar parts;Jag ...mustang...lincoln...svo...)

Last edited by RazeRage; 01-14-2004 at 07:52 AM..
Old 01-14-2004, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default THATS THE ONE

ALFRED MELLO IS KNOWN AS CHIP AND THAT IS THE CAR THAT I BUILT FOR HIM 5 YEARS AGO. NO ONE KNOWS THE CAR BETTER THAN I DO. I WAS THE ONE THAT CARRIED THE CAR HOME TO MY PLACE AFTER IT BURNED. GIVE ME A CALL ON MY CELL PHONE AND I CAN TELL YOU ANYTHING YO NEED TO KNOW...972-742-2594.

JAY

Old 01-14-2004, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster/428CJ "The Stretch Limo of Cobras"
Send a message via AIM to Robert T. Faust
Not Ranked     

Got any pictures you can post or email me of the burnt CR?
Old 01-15-2004, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default Re: THATS THE ONE

Quote:
Originally posted by jayscobras

ALFRED MELLO IS KNOWN AS CHIP AND THAT IS THE CAR THAT I BUILT FOR HIM 5 YEARS AGO. NO ONE KNOWS THE CAR BETTER THAN I DO. I WAS THE ONE THAT CARRIED THE CAR HOME TO MY PLACE AFTER IT BURNED. GIVE ME A CALL ON MY CELL PHONE AND I CAN TELL YOU ANYTHING YO NEED TO KNOW...972-742-2594.

JAY
Jay built it, and it burned down. Should you trust this man ?!?

Sorry - couldn't resist ! Of course I'm joking. What a heart breaking thing to happen to the previous owner. I hope the insurance company looked after him.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile RazeRage

Hey RazeRage! I have a friend that has a CRL body...it's missing part of the rear quarter panel....I beleave he also has the hood, Deck lid, a door....not sure which side...and a firewall. If your interested. E-mail me at gm@mtl.clubplus.net
All give you his number and you guy's can work out the deal.
Latter.
Snake
Old 01-16-2004, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 Fuel Injected
Not Ranked     

If any of this stuff is available, I am looking for doors hood and trunk for a CR cobra.
markamestr6@netzero.net