Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Registration Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/registration-forum/)
-   -   86 ERA to 65 Shelby (Help) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/registration-forum/121715-86-era-65-shelby-help.html)

Cornfed 08-06-2013 03:41 PM

86 ERA to 65 Shelby (Help)

The car is reg in NY and I'm looking at reg. in AZ or NV. Is it possible to get a reg. for a 65 Shelby? Please advise

TKS

mrmustang 08-06-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornfed (Post 1256369)
The car is reg in NY and I'm looking at reg. in AZ or NV. Is it possible to get a reg. for a 65 Shelby? Please advise

TKS

Since it is already titled in NY, AZ and NV will see it as it is currently titled as all the state MVS databases are now connected to each other. Tamper with the VIN that is now associated to the chassis and risk FEDERAL confiscation and some time in a shared efficiency apartment with a fellow named Bubba :rolleyes:

Cornfed 08-06-2013 09:24 PM

I'm no friend of bubba. Tks

Silversmith 08-07-2013 03:51 AM

I don't know !%/ With the name of Cornfed we might wonder??:LOL:

Cornfed 08-08-2013 07:40 AM

:O nooooo :)

BAsque1 08-10-2013 05:12 PM

NYS requires a title after 74, since your car is titled in NY already you will need to keep that as is. Why would you have a problem in AZ with a NY title?
Lou

Cornfed 08-10-2013 06:53 PM

Was hoping to get it titled as a 65

Bill D 08-11-2013 08:13 AM

But it's not a 1965 manufactured car. What you're trying to do is fraud.

Cornfed 08-11-2013 02:40 PM

That has been established in prior posts. Wasted post I think.

Al G 08-11-2013 03:58 PM

What's been established? That you're trying to commit fraud?

twobjshelbys 08-11-2013 04:55 PM

You should contact the DMV in those states and ask. Explain to them you have a 65 replica. You are caught between a rock and a hard place. If you move it straight across as an 86 you will most likely have to meet 86 emissions. They may or may not move it to a 65 vehicle due to redating. They may have a "special construction with year of manufacturer and original emissions". The only way you're going to find out is contact them. I'd suggest an email or postal letter so they respond in writing so when you take the car to get it registered you don't get hassled at the local level.

Good luck

Chaplin 08-11-2013 06:10 PM

Why are you worried? If the car is already titled as an 86, it is already 27 years old. In most states, 25 years old qualifies for antique/historic plates and exempts you from emission inspections. No need to re-title as a 65.

decooney 08-11-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornfed (Post 1256369)

TKS

What do you hope to accomplish or avoid by changing the title from '86 ERA to '65 Shelby would be my first question?

LMH 08-11-2013 10:10 PM

AZ will title it as a 65. It will have to pass a basic inspection but it's not a big deal.
Larry

LMH 08-11-2013 10:14 PM

It won't be titled as a Shelby unless it is a Shelby.
Larry