Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Registration Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/registration-forum/)
-   -   CSX8000 cobra with non CSX Vin - WHY?? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/registration-forum/139090-csx8000-cobra-non-csx-vin-why.html)

ALF 08-10-2017 04:57 AM

CSX8000 cobra with non CSX Vin - WHY??

Could please someone explain to me why this CSX8000 Cobra did not get the CSX8971 vin on the title.
It seems to me it got a CA957814 number caused by SB100.

The car was assembled by Speedway Classic Cars in Las Vegas. and is registered in California as an SPCNS car under SB100 with VIN CA957814

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/shel....1m1c12FH13X1H

Living in Europe I’m not familiar with the California law.
Many thanks for the clarification.:)

Ron61 08-10-2017 06:51 AM

Alf,

That is most likely because this republic considers it a kit car and won't recognize any vin except one assigned under the SB100 number. The SPCNS is for Special construction and that and whatever Vin they assign is what will show up on your title.

Ron

bingo2 08-10-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron61 (Post 1427953)
Alf,

That is most likely because this republic considers it a kit car and won't recognize any vin except one assigned under the SB100 number. The SPCNS is for Special construction and that and whatever Vin they assign is what will show up on your title.

Ron

This may be true in some cases but, my car went through the SB 100 process and retained the original VIN number. I think it depends on the CHP officer that does the inspection more than anything else.

RodKnock 08-10-2017 09:14 AM

Someone probably didn't go through the trouble of affixing VIN plates with the CSX# when they went through the CHP/BAR/DMV process. So, the CHP likely just went ahead and assigned it one.

The shop that completed my Kirkham stamped my KMP serial number into a couple steel tags and affixed those tags to a couple permanent places. And the CHP used it for the VIN#.

Ron61 08-10-2017 09:52 AM

That is a lot of it plus what RodKnock said. I know that if you have the CSX or Kirkham VIN in plain site some of the places will use that instead of assigning one.

Ron

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingo2 (Post 1427954)
This may be true in some cases but, my car went through the SB 100 process and retained the original VIN number. I think it depends on the CHP officer that does the inspection more than anything else.

twobjshelbys 08-10-2017 09:56 AM

I've never seen a CSX car that didn't have the plate riveted to the area by the driver's foot box and stamped on the frame.

ALF 08-10-2017 10:42 PM

I would go ballistic if I would have a car with a CSX Vin and this does not get used on the title.

Like having a nice painting signed from a well-known artist and putting a bar code sticker over the signature on the picture. :JEKYLHYDE