Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Registration Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/registration-forum/)
-   -   NYS registration process (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/registration-forum/143141-nys-registration-process.html)

rcobrakit67 01-09-2020 01:21 PM

NYS registration process

I just want to let everyone know about the process so far. In December I filed my paperwork to the department of Techical services and Division of field investigations. With in 2 week I got paperwork back from Albany. A week after that I received an inspection date. I went today for the inspetction. The men at the Albany office have been very helpful in answering any questions and concerns that I had. The inspection went well, the inspector looked at the car and my paperwork and asked me a few questions. After about an hour I left with the info and signature I needed on my application mv 271 form The inspector was mainly concerned about stolen parts, mainly the engine. I had a picture of the serial # on my phone so we didn't have to put the car up on the lift. Now I just have to email Albany the form and wait for the vs103 form to be sent back to me so I can go to the DMV. Baby steps but I've been building the cobra for over ten years. Richie

Mark IV 01-10-2020 04:47 AM

As has been posted here previously if you follow the procedure and don't BS Albany the process goes fairly smooth. Jerk their chain and you will have a sh!tload of trouble.

The DMV station inspection is primarily to check for stolen parts and ensure tax has been paid and assign the NY DMV VIN sticker. They do not check most of the "required" items that Vehicle Safety has listed on the form. Of course you then must have an "annual inspection" at a regular inspection station so the inspector if following the process will ensure that the wipers work, light operate, etc.

Congrats on the success.

rcobrakit67 02-16-2020 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After over 10 years of building my cobra, I'm legal!! Finally got my plates

Blue66 02-16-2020 12:30 PM

congrats !!!! enjoy. :cool:

1795 02-16-2020 02:20 PM

Congrats. It will be driving weather soon.

ACHiPo 02-16-2020 03:22 PM

Congrats! Got my car registered in CA after nearly a year of working through the process.

twobjshelbys 02-16-2020 03:30 PM

It seems that the Cobra Registration process in some states is like getting a building permit in Boulder County (CO) [the unincorproated parts, from the county itself]. It's almost a test of stamina. Fetch their rocks for a year and you'll get it.