Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Road Serpents Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/road-serpents-inc/)
-   -   Stack Systems????? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/road-serpents-inc/63427-stack-systems.html)

MAXVELO 04-12-2005 02:32 PM

Stack Systems?????

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have or know anyone that is running a the fuel injected stack system like the one shown? I am considering buying on to replace the system I have. Mines a litle outdated and the intake a little restrictive. I would like to get some feedback on how well these run/perform. I need to convince my self that $5K is a justifiable sum to spend when a dual Holley or Demon setup can be had for about 1/3 the price! If nothing else they are very impressive looking!!!!!!!! :3DSMILE: :confused: :3DSMILE: :D

Hotfingrs 04-12-2005 04:32 PM

give Wayne a call at this site....

www.verycoolparts.com/

MAXVELO 04-12-2005 04:49 PM

Hotfngrs, the photo is from his website. I was looking for someone who could give a non biased opinion without trying to sell me one because he would financially benefit.... Thanks though I may end up calling him if I dont get any response...:3DSMILE: :D

Russ Dickey 04-12-2005 04:56 PM

Max:
Club Cobra member "nolastyankee" recently installed one on his 289 FIA. You might drop him a PM.

I am also saving my pennies for one of these set ups. I think they kick serious buttocks.

Russ

Dennis Mosley 04-12-2005 05:28 PM

I hope to be able to give you a little info on that later in the week. My car is at the tuner right now and he felt like he could finish his other MAJOR project and get back to dialing my car in before the end of the week.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...MG0532-med.JPG

Mohuska 04-12-2005 07:02 PM

stack system

I also have a west coast with a punched out 460 and TWM stack system, Electromotive controller and it is an awesome system! You can see what it looks like on my engine builders website at

www.badassracing.com

Go to Gallery, scroll down left side to Mike's 66 Cobra...Pics are there..... I am very happy with it! E-mail me if you want more info.

Mike

MAXVELO 04-13-2005 06:29 AM

OH MY GOSH!!!!

that is absolutely beutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im trying to make my car somEwhat "PERIOD CORRECT" The setup I had was way off! Obviously Im not talking exact but I think that fuel injected stack sytem is definately the missing link!!!!!!! how is it to tune? I can imagine with 8 seperate butterflies the response has got to be outrageous!!!:3DSMILE:

Mohuska 04-13-2005 03:03 PM

The stacks themselves are not hard to tune. I have a flow meter that I inserted in two at a time (each married stack) and tuned them to each other. Then I tuned each bank (left and right). Then I removed the linkage and checked all flows to balance. I found that they were 95% or better correct from TWM, so it wasn't hard.

The EFI tuning takes a bit more patience to get things adjusted correctly. It would be awesome if you got the same setup. I could share EFI calibration files and all. I have worked at it for quite awhile and I really love the response. It is extremely torky throughout the band and just flies when I hit the gas.....anyways just get ahold of me if you have any questions.

Mike

MAXVELO 04-13-2005 04:11 PM

I talked to Wayne at Verycoolparts today. naturally he promoted his product! just the intake and accessories are gonna run me close to 6K. WOW, thats not much less than the motor!
Mohuska, isnt your car the white one with the Ghost snake accross the hood? I thought you had a torquer II manifold with a Hooly type throttle body? I obviously have you confused with someone else! I would really appreciate any info I can get outa you once I get the engine back in my car! :3DSMILE: :D

Mohuska 04-13-2005 04:21 PM

Mine is Candy Apple Red with Black stripes. Just let me know what you need....Good luck.

Mike

MAXVELO 04-13-2005 04:50 PM

Mohuska, What transmission are you running?:D