Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   RU Car Crafters--Speak with Roger Upton (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ru-car-crafters-speak-roger-upton/)
-   -   RUCC brakes? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ru-car-crafters-speak-roger-upton/20056-rucc-brakes.html)

Ibr8k4vetts 09-05-2002 07:55 PM

RUCC brakes?

Dose anyone know what calipers Roger uses on his kit? I got my kit on 7/28/02 and just got done with pluming the brake....suprise one rear caliper dose not work and the front caliper leaks:CRY:
Thanks Mike

dlowe01 09-05-2002 08:19 PM

Let Roger know and he will take care of it for you. Some times a little slow but he will.

Ibr8k4vetts 09-05-2002 08:27 PM

I've tried to get a hold of him, the last time I herd from him he said he was sending my missing parts on Friday that was three weeks ago. I think it will be much faster to buy some new ones. I wish I had the manual for the car.
Mike

dlowe01 09-05-2002 08:37 PM

Did you go with the 11" roters with the adapters for the front? What rear end?

Ibr8k4vetts 09-05-2002 08:41 PM

yes, the rear end is a 9"
Thanks, Mike

dlowe01 09-05-2002 08:49 PM

The front calipers are going to be a GM product, I think I have the info. on them in the Garage and will get it for you tomorrow. I used a 8.8 rear end so am not sure on the rear. I will try to find that out also if possible. I am about done with my car so if you need any help or info. just let me know and I will help you out any way I can. Look for info. tomorrow. Also I have some of the manual, if you would like I could scan if for you and e-mail it to you. Just let me know.

Leo 09-16-2002 08:18 PM

I took notes during a phone conversation with Roger. My notes say that the front 11" brake rotors are from a '78' Granada, bearings from a 74-78 Mustang II with a V8 and the calipers and pads are metric, from a GM, probably an early '80's Monte Carlo of Cutlass. I hope this helps!!

Roger Upton 09-17-2002 08:42 AM

Mike

If you will send your calipers back I can get my suppliers to warranty them.
The front calipers are GM Metric. The rear are off of a Cadalic El Dorado.
I have sent your other parts if you do not have them please call or email me and let me know.

Roger Upton