14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Run N Gun 2009 37 days away...This is where you want to be!

Deadlines are fast approaching and I would like to remind some of you that are still on the fence about coming to The 2009 Run N Gun. Our Host hotel is the DoubleTree in Collinsville, Il (about 10 mins from Gateway Int'l Raceway) and if you are planning to attend RNG and have not made your reservations please do so this week because the discount rate of $74.00 will expire this Friday Sept. 4, 2009 and all unrented rooms will be tuned back to the hotel.

We still have about 8 or 10 garage spaces left so if you are planning to attend and want a garage space please go to our web site and select one of the available garages spaces email or call me. Remaining spaces will be sold first come first served. If you have never been to RNG then you will definitely want a garage space because this is where all the fun is centered during the event and in the evening after the track goes cold. Plus you have a secure covered parking spot that means you don't need to load up your car each night.

Call Dean Lampe if you have any questions at 618-322-6046 or my self at 918-633-5336.

www.runngun.net

Thank you,

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello Clois and Dean,

I wish you all of the best for this years Run n Gun. I wish that I could be there but I won't be able to make it. Hopefully I can participate next year. Any body that is thinking about going should do it!! It's a ton of good fun. I know that a couple Dragon guys will be there.

I am no longer producing Dragons or Cobras. Paul is continuing with Dragon. I have spent the summer moving from my home and shop in New Hampshire to my retirment home in the Adirondack mountains of New York. Going from 10,000 square feet into 2000 has been a challenge. I plan to have my knee replaced this winter and then see how things go from there. I have my Cobra, my Dragon Speedster, and 2 other cars to finish. So, I am not out of the hobby.
Thanks for all of your past and ongoing work to make Run n Gun a great event. John
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

John,

You are truely one of the quality people I have had the pleasure of meeting thru Run N Gun. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and your company all those associated with you. I wish Paul all the success in the world and hope to see you both soon. Good luck and a fast recovery with your knee surgery. Run n Gun will sorely miss you this year!

Clois Harlan
Exec Dir. Run N Gun 2009

"Let's roll"

Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up You have to come back

john chesnut. We need the building of a car for the 3 days. Nobody has done this better than you. Pulling motors? You are the KING. 5 times in 4 days has to be a record. Take the year off, fix the body and come back next year with your hair on fire If you get board, fly out for the 4 days. I am this year. Rick L. Ps WE will miss you
Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick opted for a cruise with his sweatie instead of coming to Run N Gun (I think he said something about an anneversary and the boat leaves the day after RNG concludes). I think he could make if he is willing to drive 18 hours after the awards banquet on Friday Night. Shouldn't be a problem for a high stepper like Rick .

Rick is one of the most dedicated guy's in the world to RNG. He is flying in to help out on Tuesday and then flying back to New Jersey on Friday night. What a guy.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
Deadlines are fast approaching and I would like to remind some of you that are still on the fence about coming to The 2009 Run N Gun. Our Host hotel is the DoubleTree in Collinsville, Il (about 10 mins from Gateway Int'l Raceway) and if you are planning to attend RNG and have not made your reservations please do so this week because the discount rate of $74.00 will expire this Friday Sept. 4, 2009 and all unrented rooms will be tuned back to the hotel.

We still have about 8 or 10 garage spaces left so if you are planning to attend and want a garage space please go to our web site and select one of the available garages spaces email or call me. Remaining spaces will be sold first come first served. If you have never been to RNG then you will definitely want a garage space because this is where all the fun is centered during the event and in the evening after the track goes cold. Plus you have a secure covered parking spot that means you don't need to load up your car each night.

Call Dean Lampe if you have any questions at 618-322-6046 or my self at 918-633-5336.

www.runngun.net

Thank you,

Clois Harlan
is there a deadline to sign up for the test n tune, and this has to be done on the internet?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Just show up and we can take care of that at the track. You should plan on being at the track around 6pm on Tuesday or before 8am on Wednesday.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Dean/Clois - what time can cars/trailers arrive on Tuesday? GCC (Gateway Cobra Club) plans to be there to help you guys out if needed. I plan on trailering my car over and leaving in the garage. Let me know.

Also - can you guys suggest an affordable driving suit? Would you suggest gloves too?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gateway allows us to assume our positions in the pits after 5:00 on Tuesday night. Last year we were actually able to start bringing in Manufacturers about 2:00 because they didnt' have the track rented that day. If all goes as planned we should be able to start tech on Tuesday evening for those attending the Test n Tune session on Wednesday.

Just a note that tomorrow after we get clearance from Gateway I plan on posting something special never before done at Run N Gun.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

For an inexpensive driving suit try Summit or jegs for a G-Force single layer 2 piece suit. That will get you in the game. Shoes and gloves are a good idea also. It is just like insurance, you hope you never need it but if you ever need your suit, you will need shoes and gloves too. This stuff is pretty cheap relative to what we all spend on parts for the car.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Clois & Dean:

The good news is I got my license to go Vintage Monoposto Formula Car racing last weekend at Motorsports Park, Hastings and will be able to race with CVAR in October at Hallet and in November at TWS. The bad news is I regret that I won't be able to run with you crazy, wonderful speed maniacs, this year at Run 'n Gun. You all have a super time and just maybe we'll join you next year at MPH. Best wishes.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Guys its lookin pretty bleak from were I stand right now,just got the bill from the city for 2 tickets out in the Daytona 400+ yea.First ones in 12 years
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Whats the rest of the story?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill3 View Post
Guys its lookin pretty bleak from were I stand right now,just got the bill from the city for 2 tickets out in the Daytona 400+ yea.First ones in 12 years
Aw cmon, we didn't mean to chase you away
Old 09-14-2009, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear you wont' make it Larry. Of course we will miss you but I hope you have a great time at Vintage races. Be save and tell Jackie we will miss her as well.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

16 days to go! Going through the car checking all torque on parts, grease in fittings, and oil changed. Got my suit and gloves, think I'm about ready to go
Old 09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     

Awesome, doing some tweaking myself. Did a road test this afternoon, need to make some adjustments.
It's getting close, looking forward to another excellent event.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any suggestions on how to adjust my newly installed Koni coil over's in the garage? I adjusted them for proper ride height, so I'm sure weight distribution is off.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Measure your frame ride height and see if how close that is all the way around? I seem to recall on FFR we were trying to set the ride height at 4 1/2"-5 " all the way around a few years ago at RNG. Tim, what are your spring rates front and rear?

"Let's roll"

Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spring rates, and alignment on the FFRs play a huge part in the handling chracteristics.
I know when I had my FFR, we ran very low, 3 1/2" in the front, 3 3/4" rear.
But that was a 3 link, 400Lb rears and 600 fronts, no sway bars.

Clois, what is your weather prediction for this year?? You've been spot on prevoiusly. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone again. The third year with a third car, should be great.