Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Scratch Builders Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/)
-   -   Jaguar IRS Parking Brake (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/117843-jaguar-irs-parking-brake.html)

txbsgolf 11-02-2012 12:48 PM

Jaguar IRS Parking Brake

I purchased a "barn find" with a Jaguar IRS rear end. All the parts for the parking brakes are missing. Any idea where I can find just the parking brake parts?

mickmate 11-02-2012 03:05 PM

PhotoPost Classifieds - Jag rear lucky dip box o parts - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

bill37341 11-02-2012 06:23 PM

I think I have a full set. Pay postage & you can have them. Send me a pm. Bill.

dcdoug 11-02-2012 08:04 PM

Did they actually work on the jags? %/

mickmate 11-03-2012 05:30 AM

Only on flat ground.........

joyridin' 11-03-2012 07:03 AM

Mine work pretty good for a parking brake. You could put a line lock on the rear brake line also as an added insurance policy.

mickmate 11-03-2012 06:27 PM

They actually work OK if you can get a good pull across the car. A lot of people can't seem to set that up via a cable. Line locks shut the rear brakes off??

joyridin' 11-03-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmate (Post 1217717)
They actually work OK if you can get a good pull across the car. A lot of people can't seem to set that up via a cable. Line locks shut the rear brakes off??

Yeah. I had one on my Lil Red Express. You plumb it into the line running to the rear brakes. Mine had a key. You push the pedal, turn the key, and it locked the pressure into the rear calipers. Push the pedal, turn the key back, and the pressure is released.

I got it from a company that advertised in GoodGuys magazine.

txbsgolf 11-04-2012 08:11 AM

Bill
Let me know if you received my message.
Thanks
Barry