Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Scratch Builders Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/)
-   -   She is out of storage and ready to go. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/75922-she-out-storage-ready-go.html)

NOSMS 01-15-2007 09:25 AM

She is out of storage and ready to go.

1 Attachment(s)
I just got the 289FIA back from the sand blaster after 12 years of storage. We plan to make a new 3D model of the intire thing and then put her together.:)

NOSMS 01-17-2007 07:54 AM

Do you think there is a market for and correct set of prints for a 289. Maybe kits of tabs, brackets and sheet metal parts pre-cut and bent ready to weld. You guessed it we just got some new toys in the shop and looking for ways to spend our time. I know the pedal box is a tough one we could have them made up and ready to weld in complete with all the guts add your masters and go. Just some thoughts.

joey_hv 01-18-2007 02:40 PM

sounds like a good idea to me, I would be interested.
on another note, are you cutting the control arms that turnten is selling?
just wondering,
joey

NOSMS 01-19-2007 09:06 AM

We will be working on the 289 project the next few months, I plan to have complete drawings with all the details you need to build a frame to original spec.

As for the arms yes we are the guys cutting them. Since I retired last year I decided to build the parts I always whished I could twenty years ago when I first started. Now we can and it keeps us out of trouble. If anyone has any ideas or can think of a cool part the would like built (needs to be something we can market) we would love to hear about it. So much for retirement. At least this time we only have to work on things we want to.:3DSMILE:

Mike

Ozgur_Tan 01-19-2007 02:51 PM

hi
it would be nice to have 289 chassis drawings.
since we're waiting for chuck's drawings for years
http://members.aol.com/chuckcobra/do..._for_sale.html
good luck
regards
ozgur

NOSMS 01-22-2007 09:27 AM

Our goal is to have this done in a few months. We will be making complete 3D models that way we can pull prints of any sub part as well as complete assemblies. They will also include all the upper tube structures as well as supension parts.

Ozgur_Tan 01-24-2007 06:09 AM

hi
please keep us updated with your progress
regards
ozgur

NOSMS 01-25-2007 08:12 AM

Spent about six hours on it yesterday. Took lots of dimensions and started building the model in solidworks hope to get five to ten more hours in today and tomorrow. Then take the laptop and and all the notes up to the cabin for the weekend (wife and dogs were not happy they missed the 30" of snow last weekend) no phone, no tv should make some good progress by next week. When I get something that looks a car I post a .pdf

Thanks for the interest,

Mike

NOSMS 02-01-2007 08:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got back from the weekend and had just a crazy week glad it's almost over. Did get some work done on the drawing over the weekend and was back on it last night. Most of the brackets and main frame parts are done and now it time to paste them togather. We put the frame up on a suface plate last night so we can start mesuring the upper bird cage and do a double check on all the main frame locations. Once thats done, we will finish the upper structure and break up the model into indvidual parts for prints. I'll keep everyone update as we go.

Ozgur_Tan 12-01-2007 11:47 AM

hi there,
do you any update for us ?
fyi, i've started 3d modeling of 289ussrc body
regards
ozgur

troll 12-06-2007 03:14 PM

I would love to have some 289 info of anykind that would be the holy grail.Is it your plan to make and sell them?

willsie01 01-19-2008 06:36 AM

Have you produced detail drawings yet?

John