Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shamrock Autocraft USA, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shamrock-autocraft-usa-inc/)
-   -   Shamrock Autocraft USA, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shamrock-autocraft-usa-inc/46867-shamrock-autocraft-usa-inc.html)

chirodale 11-03-2003 07:13 PM

Shamrock Autocraft USA, Inc.

Hi Guys,

I know we're a little late getting on this forum but have been too busy to really monitor this site. We've been around for about
1 1/2 years now and have gained alot of experience with this engine install thing. We'd be interested in answering any questions about the Shamrock Autocraft cobra replica. You can see the product at Shamrockautocraft.com
We're having a great time bringing this awesome car to you and we're looking forward to a long history of support. Our cars have been built in the same factory for over 20 years now and the craftsmanship is awesome. They use standard Jaguar IRS as well as modified front Jag components. If you get Kit Car builder magazine, check out the centerfold of the December issue. Our current email address is:shamrockcobra427@aol.com

Wild Thing 11-13-2003 02:17 PM

Hi, I just got a new Shamrock this summer, runs great. Only thing I like to change ist the engine; not that somethings wrong with it, its a perfect running 350 chevy, but I think a ford motor is the real thing for a cobra, prob. a 351W. Do you have any hints for such a conversion?

BTW, your link to Shamrockautocraft.com doesn't work.

chirodale 11-16-2003 10:58 AM

Great, My personal cobra is a chevy powered cobra as well but it was shipped that way from South Africa. I too perfer Ford powered cobra's but I don't have a problem with the chevy power. The reason most from South Africa are chevy's is due to an embargo out government had on them for a long time and they couldn't get Fords into their country. Chevrolet was already manufacturing there with the Opel market and the ford engines are hard to get and very costly. As far as replacement, well there's alot to it but not too bad. You not only have to change the mounts, headers, plumbing and some wiring, you also have to have your driveshaft modified to attach to a Ford type transmission and spline. I'll be glad to walk you through the process, just email me at "shamrockcobra427@aol.com". I just recently rebuilt my 350 Chevy for around $2000 and put new heads and all and get around 435HP at the crank and it was much easier and cheaper to just rebuild the Chevy and enjoy driving it. Where did you get your Shamrock? I assume it was used?

Thanks,
John
Shamrock Autocraft USA, Inc.

xlr8or 11-16-2003 11:13 AM

Tried the link above you provided and added the www to the front. It was linked to the site at: http://mail.shamrockautocraft.com:83/

Although the site looked pretty good it seems a little odd to host it on your mail server. Might want to mask that so it doesn't show the mail server info.

Wild Thing 11-21-2003 02:08 PM

Hi chirodale, thanx 4 your offer; will come back to it, when entering realization phase. Mine too came as is from SA. It was a new one, imported to Germany in 2002 (or 2001?) from a guy who was way too big for the car. Thats at least the story the dealer told me were I bought it last year, after I wrecked my KCC (someone hit me back right, I took a spin and ended with the right side wrapped around a tree - total damage) .

In fact, we do have a lot of chevy engines in cobras over here, more than fords. As I stated before, this engine is running great; but like most cobra owners, I always want to change something on the car. One part is implanting a stronger engine (not that the current one isnt strong enough), and if I do this, it will be a ford, equipped with Webers and prob. combined with an AOD, due to the overdrive. Those things you mentioned are what I expected; shortening the driveshaft is no problem, there is a company round the corner, they do every possible modification.