Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   CSX owners: Is your insurance policy "stock" or "modified"? Huge price difference... (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/104257-csx-owners-your-insurance-policy-stock-modified-huge-price-difference.html)

dcdoug 04-30-2010 08:13 AM

CSX owners: Is your insurance policy "stock" or "modified"? Huge price difference...

I thought I would re-post this from an insurance thread:

"This is worth sharing - I have a CSX and am insured with Hagerty. I also live in DC, which not everyone writes policies for. So I just gave Robbin a call at Midwest for a comparison. While he told me they can't write policies for DC, we had a nice chat and he told me to ask if Hagerty had classified my car as "stock" or "modified". Robbin told me they now classify CSX cars as "stock" and it's quite a bit less expensive.

I called Hagerty and they had classified it as "modified" when I bought the policy a year ago, but have since changed the underwriting for the CSX cars and have re-classed them as "stock". Savings? A bit over 50%! :D

Thank you Robbin!!!!"

Not sure about other manufacturers, but I'd ask.

Midwest Classic 04-30-2010 08:50 AM

Doug,

Thanks for the post. I have always told others if they had questions and we could not help them I would be glad to try and steer them in the best direction and now you are living proof of that. Glad we could be of help to you.

If I am ever in the DC area I'll try and contact you for a ride in your car, even if we can't insure in DC:CRY:

Robbin
Midwest Classic Insurance

dcdoug 04-30-2010 08:53 AM

Please do, be happy to oblige!

m5extc 04-30-2010 10:35 AM

Just spoke to Hagerty. They stated that it has to have CSX in the vin to be considered a continuation Cobra and therefore the only way they will consider one to be stock. I figured I would ask about my Superformance, as it too is built by HiTech but no dice as my vin isnt correct.

Andrei

Midwest Classic 04-30-2010 10:40 AM

We have a pretty good rate on Superformance vehicles. In CA it is a little more involved to quote but if you drop me an email with the car value, age, marital status and any accidents or tickets I will email you a quote back in comparison. I think you will be happy with what you see.

Robbin
Midwest Classic Insurance
robbin@midwestclassicins.com