Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5USMC View Post
I think it will move at the end but not really sure what the success rate of BaT is... especially on a Cobra.
Depends whether the seller really needs the money or is just testing the market. Certainly selling right before the holidays ain't good for your wallet or pocket book.

BaT has been successful for other cars that I've seen on BaT in 2016, but they also weren't 100,000+ cars either. Also, I've seen a comment or two written that Shelby's and Cobras don't do as well on BaT. I have no idea if that's true or not, but that's what I've read.

OTOH, the unemployment rate is low and the stock market is high, so that should help.

Personally, I think if it does sell, then it's going to between $100,000-$115,000. If it's under a $100,000, then buyer is getting a VERY GOOD deal, if the seller let's it go.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Very much an uninformed seller. Oh well, it'll be a good buy for someone.
That's assuming that it sells - BAT doesn't disclose whether an auction is covered by a reserve price, or not...

Sometimes the sellers will let it slip in the comments that they have a reserve price set, but you never know for sure until the auction closes with either a "sold" , or closes with a "highest bid" quote (which means the reserve was not met).
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Here's a suggestion for you. Use the ignore feature of this site, so you won't see my posts or don't click on the thread, once I've made any comments.

You're comparison of me to Evan really doesn't faze me one bit, if you wanted a reaction from me. I'm not insulted. And you're opinion of me or anything else is always welcome. Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Maybe you find comparing me to Evan is an insult, but I don't. Evan did contribute to the fabric of this site. There are many people here who actually miss Evan and his argument that he owned a REAL Shelby Cobra. My original comment about the seller's car is centered around an OEM part for a replica. Have you reviewed the comments about the seller's car in his or her actual ad? I'll save you some time. They're not always good and it's the actual ad of the seller. We're over here on CC.

Simply put, a car was posted for discussion here. We're discussing the car. It's the Internet. If you don't like the discussion, then don't click on the thread or, alternatively, just use the ignore feature of this site and ignore my posts.

BTW, Evan was kicked off this site because he went too far with badgering or insulting Jamo. I've never done that and I can't remember ever being warned by a moderator. If I'm the reincarnation of Evan, then so be it. Occasionally, I do get positive feedback via PM's and folks using the "like" feature here. So I must not be all that terrible of a person.
I am not making an insult, just an observation. I never put Evan on ignore. I was not planning on putting you on ignore, well at least not yet anyway.

When I first came to club cobra I would have loved to get a car like Evan's, the most accurate replica possible, but not long after I got to hanging out here for a while I changed my mind and I actually much rather have a shiny polished Kirkham with an aluminum block engine, kind of like your car. I can understand both your argument and Evan's argument. If I see a thread about a shiny polished Kirkham or a thread about a very accurate build I enjoy both.

I guess I just thought of Evan as the one who could not stop finding things that he thought were wrong and replying to everyone of them. I thought that other people were just reacting to him or encouraging him to argue. In the absence of Evan I guess I am just seeing you in a new light.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
I am not making an insult, just an observation. I never put Evan on ignore. I was not planning on putting you on ignore, well at least not yet anyway.

When I first came to club cobra I would have loved to get a car like Evan's, the most accurate replica possible, but not long after I got to hanging out here for a while I changed my mind and I actually much rather have a shiny polished Kirkham with an aluminum block engine, kind of like your car. I can understand both your argument and Evan's argument. If I see a thread about a shiny polished Kirkham or a thread about a very accurate build I enjoy both.

I guess I just thought of Evan as the one who could not stop finding things that he thought were wrong and replying to everyone of them. I thought that other people were just reacting to him or encouraging him to argue. In the absence of Evan I guess I am just seeing you in a new light.
And since you're speaking to me directly, I perceive your post as an insult. You may call it an observation, but I'm personally insulted to be compared with Evan. And I also think you're wrong.

I don't remember, but did my posts about cast iron vs. alloy blocks also help form your "observation" about me?

BTW, I don't seem to remember you posting on the CA SB100 threads, where I've posted answering questions, so just treat threads like this one, like one of those CA SB100 threads. Just ignore it.

Again, please just ignore my posts or don't click on threads like this where comments and opinions are sought and/or encouraged. They seem to upset you in some way.

Sorry, now I have to get on my assault air bike and burn some calories.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Hi guys....I'm back!
Looks like some things never change around here!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
And since you're speaking to me directly, I perceive your post as an insult. You may call it an observation, but I'm personally insulted to be compared with Evan. And I also think you're wrong.

I don't remember, but did my posts about cast iron vs. alloy blocks also help form your "observation" about me?

BTW, I don't seem to remember you posting on the CA SB100 threads, where I've posted answering questions, so just treat threads like this one, like one of those CA SB100 threads. Just ignore it.

Again, please just ignore my posts or don't click on threads like this where comments and opinions are sought and/or encouraged. They seem to upset you in some way.

Sorry, now I have to get on my assault air bike and burn some calories.
I put my two cents in on the cast iron vs. alloy block thread. I said I would still prefer an alloy block after hearing about that there are potential problems with alloy blocks that I was not aware of. So we seem to be of the same mindset there. However I did make this observation about that thread. Blykins started that thread. That seemed to be a thread where you liked replying to most posts that were counter to your opinion. Blykins publicly announced that he was unsubscribing to his thread after seemingly having had enough of it. Coincidence? Cause and effect? I don't know maybe he just needed to make a pie before a long drive to get to Thanksgiving dinner. I know I did. I ended up making two pecan pies. Surprisingly I forgot to put the sugar in the pies, but everyone liked them anyway.
NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I was insulted at the buffet throwback but then I

(1) considered the source
(2) Remembered that his insults are the same as they were two years ago. Sort of listening to the same Don Rickles album over and over again. Except Don Rickles was funny
(3) doesn't have enough taste to paint an unfinished car.

Evan was smart and knew what he was doing.
NewYorkGuy likes this.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
Hi guys....I'm back!
Change? Naw.
How ya been?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

(2) Remembered that his insults are the same as they were two years ago. Sort of listening to the same Don Rickles album over and over again. Except Don Rickles was funny

You already forgot about the mashed potatoes, chicken wings and cheesy breadsticks. Anyway, I was only reminding you about dinner time and the early bird special.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
I put my two cents in on the cast iron vs. alloy block thread. I said I would still prefer an alloy block after hearing about that there are potential problems with alloy blocks that I was not aware of. So we seem to be of the same mindset there. However I did make this observation about that thread. Blykins started that thread. That seemed to be a thread where you liked replying to most posts that were counter to your opinion. Blykins publicly announced that he was unsubscribing to his thread after seemingly having had enough of it. Coincidence? Cause and effect? I don't know maybe he just needed to make a pie before a long drive to get to Thanksgiving dinner. I know I did. I ended up making two pecan pies. Surprisingly I forgot to put the sugar in the pies, but everyone liked them anyway.
We discussed and argued the benefits of cast iron vs. alloy. And we talked about the reliability of each. We argued about 15-30 HP and 125 lbs. Need I remind you that this is an Internet forum. What do you think happens in Internet forums?

Seriously, if you, NYG and Tony don't like my posts, then just ignore my posts. My feelings won't be hurt. I certainly don't post on that many threads here, so it won't be that hard to avoid me.

As for pies, I don't eat them, but at least the pecans were healthy. I do applaud you for leaving out the added sugar. Sugar is terribly bad for humans.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi guys....I'm back!
I wondered where you were. How the heck are you? I hope all is well. We missed you.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi guys....I'm back!

Nope.. Just another winter day on CC. Ignore feature works great !!

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 12-09-2016, 04:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Kinda miss Evan. Guess winter is officially here . This thread to keep us goin till March

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 12-09-2016, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I hope he comes to his senses and buys another Cobra. No way I would have sold 4206.... amazing car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue66 View Post
Kinda miss Evan. Guess winter is officially here . This thread to keep us goin till March
Old 12-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi guys....I'm back!
Well, good... so, how did that transgender operation go, anyway? Any side effects or are you feeling good?
RodKnock likes this.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I hope he comes to his senses and buys another Cobra. No way I would have sold 4206.... amazing car.
Evan reportedly sold 4206 for $240K++ ! Cmon! He said goodbye waving a big FU and upgraded to a Porsche 911 RS.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

He'll come back to something more visceral.
He must be bored to tears.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Agree....He will own again but it will be impossible or damn pricey to obtain the level of car he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
He'll come back to something more visceral.
He must be bored to tears.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

115k was the sale price
Old 12-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
115k was the sale price
Plus the max (5%) buyers fee $5,000. So, the buyer paid $120,000. Above, I gave a range of $100,000-$115,000. Considering the time of year, IMO "well sold."