Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   Vintage picture Laconia, NH (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/146235-vintage-picture-laconia-nh.html)

1985 CCX 09-13-2022 06:18 AM

Vintage picture Laconia, NH

1 Attachment(s)
Friend of mine sent this to me.
Old school Laconia, NH pic.
Said there was a guy out that way that had two Cobras and one 427 in the area.
Cool stuff

incoming 09-13-2022 04:47 PM

Urban legend is there are an original 289 and 427 two miles from me.

I've never seen them.

Gentry and Unique are both closeby.

Harpoon PV2 09-13-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1510440)
Friend of mine sent this to me.
Old school Laconia, NH pic.
Said there was a guy out that way that had two Cobras and one 427 in the area.
Cool stuff

That's a great shot! Doesn't surprise me that there would be Cobra's there, since the famous motorcycle race was there. Cheers, Dennis

Alfa02 09-14-2022 02:08 AM

Looks like a "Little Girl" driving?? Maybe Dad in the pass. seat? People there are dressed up like a Sunday Church service, I bet when the Cobra fired up, it brought the "Flock" outside ;) to worship the HP Gods :) Please, no offense given.

SunDude 09-14-2022 04:35 AM

very unusual side pipes

eschaider 09-14-2022 05:04 PM

Interesting pic. I wonder which replica it is?

The side pipes exit too far back on the body and appear to have two smaller diameter turndowns in each side. I don't believe wire wheels were ever offered on a car with side pipes. Additionally the car appears to have a wheel base that is longer than a 'normal' Cobra.

Alfa02 09-15-2022 08:01 AM

I don't know Ed, those other cars look vintage correct 62-65,66. Looks like a Mk.2 with weird side pipes

Buzz 09-15-2022 08:42 AM

It's a 289 Cobra with aftermarket pipes. Cobras back then were just another sports car - albeit a little pricey - and owners didn't care as much as today's collectors and enthusiasts do about keeping them original and unmodified.

sunman 09-15-2022 09:34 AM

That’s a shadow effect like on back of tire and front tire . Single pipe.
Cool pic, wide grin
We sure dressed up a lot back then good times.

incoming 09-15-2022 04:20 PM

Just imagine iif Marty McFly and the doc dropped down and brought them to a Mecum Auction today and returned them back.