Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   Any Truth to the rumors? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/41577-any-truth-rumors.html)

mrmustang 11-01-2003 02:38 AM

I hope this was not directed toward me??? Another Bill????

Bill S.

Quote:

Originally posted by Allan A

It's great that so many SPF guys love their cars, but this bashing crap is complete BS.

Bill, In my opinion you have way to much time on your hands. I owned an SPF, would I buy another one NO WAY IN HELL. I could rattle a list of things that were problems with the car. It just turns my crank all of the nonsense you seem to come up, I am done you are not worth my time.

Allan

BlueRooster 11-01-2003 03:36 AM

Roger: I dont think anyone with a Continuation series Cobra is trying to pass their car off as original. They are defending whether the car is real, and it is. They are real Shelby Cobra replicas-there should be no arguing or bashing about that.

I also dont really see all this "bashing" I think it is more a concern of being lied to. Where is the Shelby factory? Who owns AC? Whats being built, or not? People just want to know what is going on.

Allan: I would genuinely like to see your laundry list of problems with your old SPF. I have almost 10,000 miles on mine and not a complaint. Is there something we should be doing preventive maintenance on? Or something dangerous we should know about?

Roger Vincent 11-01-2003 05:39 AM

Bluerooster,
I agree with you. I stand corrected and apologize if I have offendended the aluminium bodied boys (all but one anyway). But Wayne's statement,

"FFR & Shelby together? Don't hold your breath. A Shelby is what Shelby designed and is under Shelby control, not what looks like something Shelby designed designed by someone else. A factual statement, not ment to be an afront to the proponents of either."

Kinda hacks me off, and I do find it an affront. It represents the exact arrogance that anyone who looks down their noses at replicas and says under their breath, "it's just fake crap" as one of my Corvette cohorts said the other day. Now here's Wayne who comes along and implies his is what Shelby designed, and and the FF is "what looks like something Shelby designed designed by someone else." Give me a break folks, we like replicas, wouldn't have the original even if we could afford one, and why say one is "more original" than the other? Heck, all these cars are bastardized reproductions to begin with. I don't care! I love them, and I won't apologize to my Corvette or Porsche friends for being "fake crap," as anyone who's perpared to lay down 30k to 110k for this shouldn't have to authenticate his decision or endure the arrogance in that statement.

And I believe Alan meant me, instead of Bill in his response. And to him, you are correct, bashing is the real crap, and I shouldn't have implied that SPF is better than the aluminum. Sorry.

Turk 11-01-2003 07:15 AM

Quote:

" Give me a break folks, we like replicas, wouldn't have the original even if we could afford one"
We WOULDN'T?
Quote:

....and why say one is "more original
Maybe because they ARE?
Quote:

"it's just fake crap" as one of my Corvette cohorts said the other day
You have a replica Corvette ALSO?

TURK

BANDIT 1 11-01-2003 08:48 AM

Allan A.:

I don't want to start any trouble here, however it says at the bottom of your post that you owned a very early SPF Cobra (SPF 303). My question is, what do the issues you had with that early SPF Cobra have to do with the SPF Cobra's that are made now? The new SPF Cobra's are almost totally different then your SPF 303.

Turk 11-01-2003 09:06 AM

Bandit 1,
I don't mean to speak for Allan but, by that logic no one should question the quality and difficulties they have yet to encounter with their new Shelby Cobras, not until the first 300 or so out there.

If you read some of the threads in here you will see, there has been a cry of deception, lack of quality, projected values, and the fact that cars are built elsewhere, and how they can't be trusted etc. etc. All that, long before the 1st. car is even delivered.
Shouldn't we spot Shelby Autos at least 303 units before we start complaining then?

TURK

M & M 11-01-2003 09:40 AM

I think the whole trouble with this thread is Bill W. He is a noted trouble maker. In fact the last time I had a beer with him he started an agrument with me as to whether this good looking gal in a tight top and short skirt was an ORIGINAL or REPLICA build job. Then came the argument as to whether she was Polish or South African. Then to top it off he exposed himself....... what a kind of SPF guy are you Bill?

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...&postid=189706

Bill Wells 11-01-2003 09:49 AM

hey, mikey, i represent that...next time i am in portland oregone i will start the investigation again, with you..which bar this time ? bring your dad, he can teach us both how to tell the difference. enough of this car crap, lets get to what really counts !! those gals and were they real or plastic filled, don't even care about nationality ! now, please return my trench coat. LOL.

when are you coming back to detroit again, i have a few new places to take you to for the real or plastic filled comparision test.

this thread was too dull anyway, an old topic, yesterday news that you finally learned about. who cares? darned, i love all the cars anyway, folks get too stuffy and personal. especially those that hide. bill, now lets go get that drink and do our comparison test.

Turk 11-01-2003 09:55 AM

Bill,
Arent' the best places in Detroit in Windsor?

TURK

M & M 11-01-2003 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Way to go Turk............. now the Detroit vs. Windsor debate is started. :LOL: Personally I think Rooster Rock is the best (inside joke!)

Turk 11-01-2003 10:07 AM

So was the reference to Windsor, an inside joke.
Bill knows what I am talking about.

The Widsor Ballett.

Only time in my life I forgot everything I ever said about French.

TURK

Excaliber 11-01-2003 10:13 AM

"A Shelby is what Shelby designed and is under Shelby control, not what looks like something Shelby designed designed by someone else. A factual statement."

Very to the point, and VERY accurate. A Roush is what "Roush" does! A Saleen is whatever "Saleen" does. A Shelby is whatever "Shelby" does!

Maybe the only "real" Saleens are the ones he did in the early days? The new ones are "replicas"?

It's obvious to me that those that REFUSE to acknowledge that todays modern COBRAS built by SHELBY have a "real" problem: They are in fact Shelby Cobras. You got your "old" ones, you got you "new" ones. There ALL Shelbys!

WHY is that so complicated? Oh, I think I know, it's called JEALOUSY because your "Brand X" Cobra is NOT nor EVER WILL BE a Shelby Cobra. Good, bad or whatever, thats a FACT!

I like my Classic Roadster or Excalibur, they aint no Shelby though! THE car I admire the MOST!

Ernie

Bill Wells 11-01-2003 10:15 AM

Turk, yes, the Windsor (not engines) Ballets are indeed great. French or not. but alas, not too far north now in Sarnia (Canada) across from Port Huron Mich are more ballets ! alas, the boat is kept in Sarnia half the season and Detroit half the season, what is one to do ? LOL...too many ballerinas, too much comparison testing to do ...and not enough time !

M & M...Rooster Rock is kindergarten, the Ballets are PHD's. forget the Columbia River, we can do Windsor on the Detoit River and Sarnia on the St Clair River by boat ! but better wait til next year , the boat is tucked away for winter now !

finally a high jacked thread that makes sense ! Bill, Motown and Canada, EH ?

M & M 11-01-2003 11:13 AM

I feel pretty good knowing that I graduated from kindergarden straight to a PHD! Nice tutu, or is it tata. ;)

Maybe we can get Turk up here for the Columbia River scenic tour. Bill, your eyes are getting much to old to handle even the best that Rooster Rock has to offer! Hell, why watch the ballett when you can be a part of it!

BANDIT 1 11-01-2003 02:13 PM

Mr. Turk:

Fine, if it doesn't matter than I will jump on the bandwagon. I will never recommend to anyone to buy a NEW Ford Mustang again! My reason? Because I had a 1967 Ford Mustang that leaked oil, went through starters, was underpowered, etc...

Most will say that my problems with my 1967 Mustang have nothing to do with a current Mustang. I say the same thing about the SPF 303. The new SPF Cobra's are almost a totally different car, period.

I was not getting into his feud (with Bill) or commenting on the CSX Cobra or anything else for that matter. Only responding to Allan A.'s comment about recommending (or not) a SPF Cobra to anyone because his almost totally different SPF Cobra had problems.

Jason Lee Nye 11-02-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M & M

I think the whole trouble with this thread is Bill W. He is a noted trouble maker. In fact the last time I had a beer with him he started an agrument with me as to whether this good looking gal in a tight top and short skirt was an ORIGINAL or REPLICA build job.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/atta...&postid=189706

Some guys prefer the fakeys!

:LOL: