Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby Enterprises Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-enterprises-inc/)
-   -   CSX cancellation rumor (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-enterprises-inc/113873-csx-cancellation-rumor.html)

fordracing65 01-06-2012 06:21 PM

CSX cancellation rumor

I heard a rumor form a Shelby insider that in Ocotober all csx sales will cease, meaning never again will the glass or aluminum csx4000/6000 will be offered for sale, is this true, anyone hear anything like this, I was aware of the no more orders taken, but I thought that was just because of lack of cars.:eek:

fordracing65 01-08-2012 01:43 PM

Just found out, Price increase of csx rollers start January 1, 2012, aluminuim roller will be $139,995 without options, a glass roller will be $79,995 without options.:(

1985 CCX 01-08-2012 02:04 PM

Looks like I have time to save.....2102......:cool:

Dimis 01-08-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1169599)
Just found out, Price increase of csx rollers start January 1, 2102, aluminuim roller will be $139,995 without options, a glass roller will be $79,995 without options.:(

IF this is true, then the question one would subsequently ask himself is:

Is a CSX at $140k twice as good as a Kirkham at $70k?%/

The answer for me is a no-bainer... Kirkham all the way :cool:

fordracing65 01-08-2012 02:41 PM

Its true, just found out from a authorized Shelby dealer, thats why I ordered a Kirkham, and still have 80g left over for a house, there both good cars seeing they are the same, with the nod going to Kirkham due to the billet suspension, most of the new csx cars I have seen use the Kirkham suspension over original, and they still pay more to have it badged a shelby.

rodneym 01-08-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1169614)
most of the new csx cars I have seen use the Kirkham suspension over original, and they still pay more to have it badged a shelby.

Really? I had no idea CSXers were doing that. :cool:

fordracing65 01-08-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1169669)
Really? I had no idea CSXers were doing that. :cool:

I saw 3 in Vegas last week, they were all full race cars and personally owned, Tom Barnard also uses the Kirkham stuff at his shop when they want a better track car, 2 of the 3 cars had winsdor engines, the other was a FE.

1ntCobra 01-09-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1169612)
IF this is true, then the question one would subsequently ask himself is:

Is a CSX at $140k twice as good as a Kirkham at $70k?%/

The answer for me is a no-bainer... Kirkham all the way :cool:

Well, you do get a very nicely painted car when you buy the CSX version... :JEKYLHYDE

65SC 01-09-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1169809)
Well, you do get a very nicely painted car when you buy the CSX version... :JEKYLHYDE

and great customer service

:LOL:

RosSVT 01-09-2012 11:43 AM

For clarification, CSX sales continue, in both Aluminum and fiberglass.

There was a temporary new order hold.

Yes there was a price increase as reflected in the posts.

Roger
Director Sales/Customer Service
Shelby American, Inc.
Las Vegas, NV

rogers@shelbyamerican.com

twobjshelbys 01-09-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65SC (Post 1169814)
and great customer service

:LOL:

Apparently you think not but I will disagree. I got excellent service from Shelby American on my roller. I needed some door and hood shims and Tony sent them to me no charge. I even got a superb re-paint on my door as a result of a rock ding where the paint work was done by HST. I have no complaints about Shelby's role in my car.

Thanks for piping in Roger... Rumors get out of hand...

fordracing65 01-09-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1169851)
Apparently you think not but I will disagree. I got excellent service from Shelby American on my roller. I needed some door and hood shims and Tony sent them to me no charge. I even got a superb re-paint on my door as a result of a rock ding where the paint work was done by HST. I have no complaints about Shelby's role in my car.

Thanks for piping in Roger... Rumors get out of hand...

The price hike wasnt a rumor, and I wanted someone from shelby to chime in at how high the price has gotten. I basically had to ask in person when I go to vegas because nobody would answer the cancellation rumor, it was like it was some secrete, no body wanted to give an answer. Finally thanks.

Obsessive 05-30-2012 09:19 PM

So, is the pricing $140K and $80K for complete (turn-key) cars? I ask because when I purchased my CSX 4000 in 1997, they were describing a "rolling chasis" as a complete vehicle without engine, transmission, drive shaft and batteries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1169599)
Just found out, Price increase of csx rollers start January 1, 2012, aluminuim roller will be $139,995 without options, a glass roller will be $79,995 without options.:(

Stentor 05-31-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessive (Post 1193044)
So, is the pricing $140K and $80K for complete (turn-key) cars? I ask because when I purchased my CSX 4000 in 1997, they were describing a "rolling chasis" as a complete vehicle without engine, transmission, drive shaft and batteries.

These are prices for rollers (e.g., sans engine and transmission).

bret a ewing 05-31-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1169293)
I heard a rumor form a Shelby insider that in Ocotober all csx sales will cease, meaning never again will the glass or aluminum csx4000/6000 will be offered for sale, is this true, anyone hear anything like this, I was aware of the no more orders taken, but I thought that was just because of lack of cars.:eek:

The insider with the bad information must now ready him/her- self for a flogging!!

It is up to you young fordracer to deal the punishment...............You have been Knighted Sir Kilsarumor. Godspeed! ;)

stephen_becker 11-03-2012 09:50 AM

I am not aware of any new CSX car orders being placed this year since the double-price increase in January

Obsessive 11-03-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephen_becker (Post 1217653)
I am not aware of any new CSX car orders being placed this year since the double-price increase in January

Hey Stephen,

Are the 10 CSX cars (that you currently have listed for sale) the first car orders placed since the double-price increase? Just to confirm, the price for a fiberglass car starts at $80K, plus the price of engine and trans. Is this correct?

Thanks for clarifiying.

Mike

RodKnock 11-03-2012 11:18 AM

Is the "double-price increase" anything like "double-secret probation"? :LOL: