Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby Enterprises Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-enterprises-inc/)
-   -   shelby engine (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-enterprises-inc/52081-shelby-engine.html)

lineslinger 03-27-2004 01:35 PM

shelby engine

Gentlemen,
My name is Mark Sides. I am in the process of researching an engine builder for a Cobra project that I will begin this summer.
Here is what I am looking for. A powerplant built out to the point where I can install a TWM fuel injection system(or a "stack" looking recomendation from you) and complete the final installation with my son, this being a father and son project. I would be looking for 450hp-500hp once up and running. I am working closely with Premier Motor Sports of Kansas City, Kansas on developing this car.
Honestly, I know just enough about putting together high performance engines to make me dangerous. Choices such as bore, stroke, bearings, heads, rods, pistons, roller lifters, decking, manifolds water pump, pulleys, brackets, belts etc.etc. would and should be left up to the engine builder, as long as it works within my budget. In reality this will be a complete engine ready to run other than the fuel injection being installed.
If your company can help me with this project I would very much like to hear from you, I realize there is a lot to discuss. I don't have a huge budget for this engine but I think I have set enough aside to do it right.
Thanks much for your time.
Mark Sides
314-863-8072
314-863-1045 fax

VitaminC 03-29-2004 11:37 AM

Hi Mark,

We're just beginning development on some turn-key, tuned, and dynoed engine packages with individual-runner/"stack type" fuel injection systems such as the TWM.

Your horsepower goal of 450-500 should be no problem; even the smallest displacement FE's that we build make over 500 horsepower with a single 4-bbl.

If you do want a long-block or an engine built to the point where you can install the fuel injection yourself, we can do that too.

You're right, there's a lot to discuss about your wants, needs, constraints, and application, so I will give you a call.

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Chris

Doug Axelrod 03-29-2004 01:48 PM

Perhaps Lineslinger would like to post his query on a general cobra forum to gain input from other manufacturers.

Excaliber 03-29-2004 02:39 PM

This being the Shelby engine forum perhaps Mark is just looking for feedback from members who HAVE had their motors built by Shelby?

....the post is a little confusing as to which Forum would be appropriate.

Ernie

lineslinger 03-29-2004 04:40 PM

Quite honestly guys I was TRYING to send an inquiry directly to Shelby automotive, not post a thread, thus the wording. This thread is actually a "form" email I have been sending to many websites. Apparently I was having a "senior moment" in my "extensive" computer knowledge and hit the wrong button, icon, whatever. If it helps any, I have contacted, I beleive, every engine builder listed on Club Cobra. Bottom line is computer operator error. To all those taking offense, my apologies.

Mark:rolleyes:

lineslinger 03-30-2004 07:57 AM

What happened to the dispariging reply that was left for me here last night? I was going to send the gentleman a private email but decided to wait until this morning only to find that thread gone. Oh well........... probably for the better.

Excaliber 03-30-2004 08:13 AM

Members with a gold trophy by their name can entirely delete a posted comment.

Whoever posted the reply your referring to must have been a "contributing member", thus Gold Trophy.

I like that feature, somtimes I "open mouth and insert foot".

Thanks for clarifying your inquiry as to Engine Builders, it was confusing.

For those "senior moments" you may want to contribute at the next annual fund raiser and pick yourself up a Gold Trophy. :D

Ernie

lineslinger 03-30-2004 08:54 AM

Excaliber,
I want one of those trophies because I plan on sticking with this website for a long time. If help is needed with a fundraiser, I would be happy to jump in, I'm sure the causes are worthwhile, thanks for the response.

Mark