Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby Enterprises Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-enterprises-inc/)
-   -   Shelby Pistons (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-enterprises-inc/54500-shelby-pistons.html)

Turk 06-08-2004 07:49 AM

Shelby Pistons

I understand Shelby is supplying pistons to select builders.
Can you tell me any more about them?
Are they available in different sizes and what makes them different, why Shelby Pistons rather than other names we are already familiar with?

How much for a set of seven?

TURK

blykins 06-08-2004 07:58 AM

Hey Turk...did you check the Shelby site? I think the pistons are on there.....should be any size you want. Any reason why you want 7?

Turk 06-08-2004 08:17 AM

Bly,

Thanks. Spelling typo. Meant "eight", not "seven".

TURK

Actually it would have been more fun to get Chris to sell me 7, and then insist they supply me with a 7 cyl. block.

Under California Consumer Laws, I would probably prevail.
hmmmm.

Roxie_427 06-08-2004 08:23 AM

Turk,
I asked the same question a short while back. Here's the thread: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...threadid=53706

I have a set on order right now. Chris was very helpful.

Tim

VitaminC 06-08-2004 10:33 AM

Hi Turk,

You are right, some of our builders are having us build custom pistons to their specs. I'm really pleased to have places with such good reputations using our stuff. I'm sure they will post pics and details as they are ready. Any components that are better than their predecessors, especially in more ways than one, are worthy of the Shelby name and logo.

Tim's link covers it. Basically, the new pistons are stronger, lighter, and more readily available, even for customs. They aren't even any more expensive than the other-guys' pistons we used to offer.

Thanks, Tim. It was real nice dealing with you too!

And Turk, we can supply a set of 7 pistons. As far as the block goes, do you want the bank with three cylinders to be on the driver's side or the passenger side?

Chris Weisberg
Carroll Shelby Enterprises
(310) 538-2914

Jamo 06-08-2004 10:49 AM

Chris...think about it, it's Turk you're dealing with. He'll want a half a cylinder on each side.

Lowell W 06-08-2004 11:45 AM

Seems to me...

The Shelby pistons would be a good investment. Heck, you could run 'em until it's time for a rebuild, then take 'em out, mill 'em off through the wrist pin holes and sell 'em on ebay as Shelby ashtrays! :D

Lowell

MidOHasp 06-08-2004 12:56 PM

Actually...... how much would one piston be? That would be a really fantastic ash tray.

Whoo. Good idea, Lowell! I looked in that other thread and those things are truly a work of art, Chris! My buddy is in forging and I'm going to send him a link.

I've been talking about "Engine #2" for a few months - maybe in the 3-5 year time frame. Would love to need to get a set of those pistons!!

JP